Air con not working Insignia 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con not working Insignia 2015

Hello everyone, my aircon has stopped working. Last time when I used it was last summer when it was working fine, and I haven't used it since then. Last week when I turned it on for the first time, it didn't work. Is only blowing normal air. I don't want to take it for a regas, because I'm not sure if it's a refrigerant issue. I don't think the compressor is kicking in. Does anyone has any service manuals or some advice on how to do a basic diagnostic on it? To see if it's an electrical/mechanical or refrigerant issue. This way I will know if I have to make a service or a regas booking. I checked only the fuses which are fine, but I don't know the location of all the other components without a manual or diagram.

the compressor wont kick in if gas is low..i took my 2015 in for a regas last summer as it wasn't as cold as it should,,they only managed to get 200g out of it,so itd lost 66% of its gas in 4 years. fortunately it passed the vacuum test,so there wasn't any leaks,so was topped up with the proper amount,600g..i would take it for a regas,,,if,on the vacuum test,it shows up as a leaky system,they shouldn't charge you for the gas removal,and youll know more investigation is required
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Ok, thank you. I bought the car last year, so I don't know if it has been regased before. But assuming it hasn't, then it might be low on gas on mine as well, after 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilyhacky View Post
        Ok, thank you. I bought the car last year, so I don't know if it has been regased before. But assuming it hasn't, then it might be low on gas on mine as well, after 5 years.
        they lose their gas over time anyway,leaky system,or not....the worst thing for an AC system,is not to use it for long periods of time,,my AC has been switched on since the regas last year,,,its on auto,and all I do is adjust the temp
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          they lose their gas over time anyway,leaky system,or not....the worst thing for an AC system,is not to use it for long periods of time,,my AC has been switched on since the regas last year,,,its on auto,and all I do is adjust the temp
          Same with mine, have noticed last week or so with it having to work harder it's not quite as cold as I think it should be. But when not so hit out its back to normal. Another cost [emoji23]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
          Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
            Same with mine, have noticed last week or so with it having to work harder it's not quite as cold as I think it should be. But when not so hit out its back to normal. Another cost [emoji23]
            mine is Baltic,,get ice forming on inside of windscreen just above the alarm led

Comment

Originally posted by Dilyhacky View Post
              Hello everyone, my aircon has stopped working. Last time when I used it was last summer when it was working fine, and I haven't used it since then. Last week when I turned it on for the first time, it didn't work. Is only blowing normal air. I don't want to take it for a regas, because I'm not sure if it's a refrigerant issue. I don't think the compressor is kicking in. Does anyone has any service manuals or some advice on how to do a basic diagnostic on it? To see if it's an electrical/mechanical or refrigerant issue. This way I will know if I have to make a service or a regas booking. I checked only the fuses which are fine, but I don't know the location of all the other components without a manual or diagram.
              hi and weclome

we always like when new members join our forum.
              would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X