No announcement yet.

2019 Auto Stop Start Disabling!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need someone with some electrical knowhow to tell us how to rewire the switches so they work the other way. Then we could select the feature when we want it rather than have to deselect it when we don't. There will be a way, but I am not that clever! thead

Comment

Yep Drew
      My van is a VW transaction, and it's the most annoying system ,
      When in stop mode al of sudden it will say I have to start manually.
      My old Citroen Dispatch when n stop mode it would re-start automatically on its own timer if all factors could not be met to re-start .
      So I turn it off ,
      Rather have it the other way around.

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I don't like stop'start. I find it a daft idea that puts undue stress on the starter and other components but mine hardly activates because of the way I drive. When I'm sat in stop start traffic or sat at traffic lights I'll stick on the e brake if needed but I sit in first gear with my foot on the clutch. The only time it activates is when I'm in a traffic jam or at something like a railway crossing. That's when I put the e brake on and take it out of gear.

I know it works a little differently on automatics but if you're driving a manual, why not just do what I do?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

There is a guy on the insignia B sales forum selling an obd device that apparently reverses the start stop function. Default is off, switch turns it on.
          I have no experience of it personally, just saw him selling it on.
          What a sales ad must contain : 1. At least 3 clear photos from different angles. 2.The price, including postal costs (negotiable or not). 3. A brief description (optional) / you must specify if...

Comment

maybe just me,but I cant see the point of wanting to disable it,just leave it in gear at junctions etc,if you don't want it to cut out
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
              Well actually if you can have something plugged in which draws down your battery enough to stop it working but not stop car from starting, eg a dashcam with full parking mode would probably draw enough to disable it.
              Have you noticed an option on the thinkdiag to turn it off? Thought i found it but didnt want to mess with it as mine doesnt work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
                Have you noticed an option on the thinkdiag to turn it off? Thought i found it but didnt want to mess with it as mine doesnt work.
                Yes what that does is tell you why it's not stopping or starting. You can force the stop start action with the software. It's ideal to see why it's not working.
                Below screen shot from mine. It's not working because of a low state of charge in the battery.
                I tested the system and it stop starts perfectly. But knows battery is not in good state of charge. Iv charged battery and it works, but a day later it stops again. Either earth fault, duff battery, or u suppose faulty alternator.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

We have this module available in US, I've been using it for a while - worked pretty good.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	247358

Comment

Dose that turn off start stop completely?
                    Tally Ho !

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Yes, it does completely eliminate the start/stop and it drives like a normal car again. GM is getting the credits from the government, so they never had disable button as an option. Thanks God RT came up with the module.

Comment

Working...
                      X