• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preface DRL LED (Yes, again)

Hi,

I ordered 2 sets of T20 LEDs from ebay.
    SET1
    SET2

Well the first set did not light up when in "auto" mode. In other words DRL did not work. Also LED strip on 1 side of the bulb did not light up, they did when I shook the bulb.. Flickering.. Some kind of bad connection.. Anyways these LEDs felt cheap and with no quality.

Set2 did light up on both modes. Bright and dim. With errors ofcourse, but I do have resistors, just need to install them. My main problem is that both of the LEDs are longer than halogen ones and I can't seem to fit them into the light. The plug wires of the side bulbs are really short.. Any suggestions about this issue ?

Janar
    Last edited by JanarJ; 01-06-2020, 04:14 PM.

Leds are sometimes poled, turn them 180 degrees and they normally work. I bought some lumro bulbs from Amazon, they were just as bright, and you get no errors, much brighter than stock...so much so I fitted them in my zafira.......

Comment

LUMRO

3.7 out of 5 stars 28Reviews

Lumro W21W 582 7440 Super White Daytime Running Lights DRL Sidelight bulbs

Comment

Do you have some pics of those Lumros?

It's really a headache with the LEDs. I bought some kind of cheap blue halogens, but they are not that bright compared to LEDs. Better than regular yellowish ones tho.

Comment

you can cure the bulb out message by fitting a resistor over pins 1,and 9 in headlight plug
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yeah, I have the resistors and I know I could cure the bulb out message, this is not the problem.
            Problem is when I put LED in to the plug there is no room to put the LED in to the headlight socket. When I first put the LED in to the socket then I can't connect the plug.
            I will make a picture tomorrow, that should make my problem clear.
            I might need shorter LED or I need to make the plug wires longer - this means soldering. Seems too much hustling. I need to take the LEDs off anyways before MOT.

Comment

LUMRO

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                LUMRO

Can't seem to copy the link, but they are super bright....I noticed straight away. The difference is much better....

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                  you can cure the bulb out message by fitting a resistor over pins 1,and 9 in headlight plug
                  exclusiv, would you mind explaining a bit more in depth ? Wiring over 1-9 cures the DRL bulb out message?? Curious as I have ordered a pair of led DRL bulbs and a osram resistor kit. Waiting for them to turn up and trying to figure the best way to fit them without error messages........ thanks, Brian.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian147 View Post
                    exclusiv, would you mind explaining a bit more in depth ? Wiring over 1-9 cures the DRL bulb out message?? Curious as I have ordered a pair of led DRL bulbs and a osram resistor kit. Waiting for them to turn up and trying to figure the best way to fit them without error messages........ thanks, Brian.
                    its been a while since I did it...but,if you unclip the outer sheath around the removed headlight plug,,you will find theres 9 wires going into it.on each corner theres a small printed number,,1,5,6 and 10 ….I think no 10 is unused. with scotchlock connectors bridge wires 1 and 9 with the resistor....you need to look carefully as the numbers are very small
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                      its been a while since I did it...but,if you unclip the outer sheath around the removed headlight plug,,you will find theres 9 wires going into it.on each corner theres a small printed number,,1,5,6 and 10 ….I think no 10 is unused. with scotchlock connectors bridge wires 1 and 9 with the resistor....you need to look carefully as the numbers are very small
                      Thank you [emoji1317] I’ll take a look at it when the stuff comes in the post, if it’s anything like the shocks, it’ll be another 3 weeks [emoji23]

Comment

Some pics of my problem:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	LED.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	247245
                        Halogen bulb fits right in. Wires are too short for the led to make the turn

Name:	halogen.jpg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	247246

I also tried to put in the LED first, but I managed to drop it in... I think I'm done with this led bs.

Name:	led2.jpg
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	247247
                        How do i get the led out now ?
                        Last edited by JanarJ; 02-06-2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Something stiff, but pliable with some chewing gum or blue tack. It's a pain in the arse but doable. I used an old quiver tip and chewing gum when I dropped a bulb in my saab 9-3.... you can actually purchase a flexible grabbing tool...

Comment

SHINE

4.1 out of 5 stars 24Reviews

SHINE Magnetic Pick Up Tool 600MM Claw Pick Up Tool Lifting Grab Grabber

[https://images-na]

Price:£2.98 & FREE delivery

Get it Mon, 8 June - Wed, 10 June with FREE delivery. Details

Only 2 left in stock.

Qty: 1 2 Qty:1

Add to Basket

Buy Now

[https://m] Secure transaction

Dispatched from and sold by khurana enterprises ltd.

Deliver to Alan - Birmingham B35 6BX*

ADD TO LIST

ADD TO WEDDING LIST

New (4) from
                            £2.98 + FREE Shipping

SELL ON AMAZON

About this item

24" Flexible Steel Shaft reaches in tight spots

Precision 4-pong Claw Grabs small Objects

Finger grip opens and closes Claws

Claw Action Pick Up And Controlled From A Spring Loaded Grip

See more

Comment

Yeah, I will visit the store later. I have a big trip ahead.. Like 2k km or so Need to get the led out.

Edit:
                              Managed to get it out with this bad boy:

Name:	kruvvvar.jpg
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	247249
                              Duct tape and screw driver. It took about 10 minutes and lots of swearing.
                              Last edited by JanarJ; 02-06-2020, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X