Glow plug swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow plug swap

Has anyone on here changed there glow plugs from the ones with sensors to the normal glow plugs other then wiring did you change anything else I believe mily insignia has had this done but iv been told there's other parts to change aswell
    Thanks jamie

Not sure why you would want to do this, it's all part of the emissions control and the sensors communicate with the Ecu, what year is your car as a little bit of information will help--Dave

Comment

I haven't done it the previous owner said he did but I'm just not sure what intailed in the job he said he changed the plugs and the loom but iv also read more parts are involed its a a20 engine 2011

Comment

What's currently fitted?

Comment

As far as I know he changed the glow plugs and loom iv seen a post say change inlet manifold crank sensor and oil pressure sensor

Comment

There is a noticeable difference between non pressure and pressure ones, have you tried to look yourself at what is fitted?

Comment

There normal ones don't get me wrong the car runs fine so I'm not to alarmed it does have service vehicle soon up but my mobile mechanic fault reader doesn't pick any think up

Comment

Originally posted by R402faa View Post
                There normal ones don't get me wrong the car runs fine so I'm not to alarmed it does have service vehicle soon up but my mobile mechanic fault reader doesn't pick any think up
                Needs something a little more in depth to read on these, that's why I got op com for ours.
                Is your plans to keep it with the mod to 0lugs or do you plan to go back to original?

Comment

No il keep them in providing there working OK as there cheap to replace I'm not sure why the crank sensor and oil sensor would need to be changed

Comment

No il keep them in providing there working OK as there cheap to replace I'm not sure why the crank sensor and oil sensor would need to be changed
                    I'd be reluctant to play about with the oil sensors on these, as it can lead to total engine failure.
                    To my knowledge the sensor plugs allow the ECU to check compression of engine thus altering engine running to suit environment, I'm guessing they will link in someway to alter the cars emissions etc..
                    A good reader will allow you to check the service message. They can be had very cheap and work up to 2014 I think

Comment

is yours an ecoflex model ?
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

No I was told the engine was from an ecoflex

Comment

Yes I am looking for a hand held scanner that will work there's so many tho

Comment

Yes I am looking for a hand held scanner that will work there's so many tho
                            If you've a laptop you could get op com, pretty much everything you need would be in that.
                            There's also ThinkDiag they seem really good as a few of the guy's on here have reviewed.

Hand held ones only really basic stuff, plus a lot of parts need to be learned so high level interface will be required.

Comment

No I was told the engine was from an ecoflex
                              well im not sure,on how many ,but the ecoflex engines did have the sensor plugs from factory,ranging from 1,to all 4
                              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X