Knock that I can't fin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knock that I can't fin

I have a knock/rattle at slower speeds, certainly below 30 mph, cann't pin down where it's comeing from. Sounds like a suspension link but they all seem ok to me, been under with a big screw drive levering anything with a rubber bush. any ideas. Before I have it up on axle stands, ----------------- again.

P S Think it has been mention before, cann't find the post though!!
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

The only thing I can think of Dave is it may be a drop link
    I had a slow speed knock and for the life of me I could not find it
    Tightening everything, did nit cure it
    So I took it to my local garage and straight away they found it , one of the drop links was slightly loose
    1 minute with a windy gun and it was cured .
    Drove me mad because the whole front suspension was new and the drop links were Meyele HD's
    But it was my fault !
    20-20 rubber drop link !

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
      The only thing I can think of Dave is it may be a drop link
      I had a slow speed knock and for the life of me I could not find it
      Tightening everything, did nit cure it
      So I took it to my local garage and straight away they found it , one of the drop links was slightly loose
      1 minute with a windy gun and it was cured .
      Drove me mad because the whole front suspension was new and the drop links were Meyele HD's
      But it was my fault !
      20-20 rubber drop link !
      Did they take the weight off the wheels to find it??
      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Yes they did Dave , which I thaught a bit strange , but they cured it .
        Hope that helps because as you are properly feeling at the moment,it's one annoying/ working noise .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I would also say the drop links would be the first thing I would look at.
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
            Yes they did Dave , which I thaught a bit strange , but they cured it .
            Hope that helps because as you are properly feeling at the moment,it's one annoying/ working noise .
            That's right only just enough to hear it, not enough to know were it's coming from. Think it's the near side, front or back, is anybodies guess ??
            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
              I would also say the drop links would be the first thing I would look at.
              me too,its the 1st I would check out
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
              X