Lost air con gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost air con gas

Had car serviced last summer and they mentioned my aircon needed regassing as it hadn't been touched since new ( cars a late 2010 ) ,anyway didn't even go into what it would cost at the dealers and just left it. Decided yesterday to get it done as I felt during the warm spell last summer it wasn't as cool as it should have been, siggy holds 600g of refrigerant, mine only had 380 in,was pressure tested and filled up with 600g so should be icy again. Just wondered if it's pressure tested and found to be fine but lost over a third of its gas, where does it go?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Often when air con is not used for long periods the seals dry out and the gas escapes. Use your air con at least once a fortnight to keep seals lubricated. A big misconception is air con can only be used for cool air but it works even on max heat so can be used to dry air even in winter. Of course all this is assuming you don't have a leak!
    sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Working...
    X