X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a DOC with all these variations [emoji23]
    Making me hungry might have some COD and chips [emoji23]

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

You just made me hungry now. [emoji30][emoji106]
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Think he was referring to putting OCD in alphabetical order 'CDO'

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          Need a DOC with all these variations [emoji23]
          Making me hungry might have some COD and chips [emoji23]
          Oh aye......a nice bitta Grimsby fish

Comment

Originally posted by puppet View Post
            Probably not very helpful, but I had similar on my old Insignia after it had a gearbox rebuild and also had a new DMF, slave cylinder and clutch fitted at the same time.

Literally had to have the clutch pedal hard on the floor to be able to engage first or reverse, particularly when cold. No amount of bleeding or changing the fluid seemed to help in the slightest, nor did changing the oil in the gearbox itself. I can only assume that it was in some way related to the new clutch or DMF components, and never did get to the bottom of it.
            Thanks to all that replied. It IS really appreciated.

Taken it into www.boldmereclutchcentre.co.uk/ and was advised after they had it in overnight stating it needs a new clutch and flywheel - total cost £770. Apparently clutch not engaging properly and pressure plate issues etc -
            They suggest it needs both sorting. Car has done 99k

Any thoughts ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rushy19700 View Post

Taken it into www.boldmereclutchcentre.co.uk/ and was advised after they had it in overnight stating it needs a new clutch and flywheel - total cost £770. Apparently clutch not engaging properly and pressure plate issues etc -

Any thoughts ?
              you are not been robbed at that price,,provided they do the flywheel as well,not just saying they are
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon12345 View Post
                Think he was referring to putting OCD in alphabetical order 'CDO'
                I was

Comment

Originally posted by Rushy19700 View Post

Any thoughts ?
                  If they've actually taken the 'box out and had a proper look at the clutch and flywheel, then I guess they'll know if it all needs replacing. If they haven't taken the 'box out, they could just be going on the basis that if they replace all the associated components, it should invariably cure the issue.

Either way, price wise, I'd say it wasn't too bad for the complete job, providing they are using decent components.

Comment

At the end of the day .
                    If what they have been told by you and there diagnosis is correct
                    Then when you get it back ,it will be like new !
                    If what they do doesn't cure it then the onous is on them !
                    But that price is super duper. And of course you get a garentee .
                    So win win win .
                    10-5 rubber duck

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                      At the end of the day .
                      If what they have been told by you and there diagnosis is correct
                      Then when you get it back ,it will be like new !
                      If what they do doesn't cure it then the onous is on them !
                      But that price is super duper. And of course you get a garentee .
                      So win win win .
                      10-5 rubber duck
                      So. I have queried it with the mechanic and the receptionist. Mechanic advised they have taken it out for a spin and done all the required checks. Since I posted I have noticed the clutch pedal on occasions does not always come back fully without a toe lift from my size 9 boots. I have described the symptoms to two other mechanics and they reached the same diagnosis and said that the price I was given is excellent. I asked the receptionist that on my 12 months warranty I want the part brands specifying - she said they only use LUK or Valeo - I am hoping these are reputable. She also said that apparently Vauxhall Clutches are slightly more expensive than than other makes (not sure if that is true)
                      Once again, thanks for the responses.

Comment

LUK is a reputable make for sure.
                        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
                          LUK is a reputable make for sure.

Comment

Working...
                          X