Sporadic non start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporadic non start

Hello everyone, I hope you are all safe and well, apologies if this is in the wrong section,

I have a 2015 Vauxhall Insignia Sri Eco, diesel, 98000 miles, serviced in January 2020, mot unill next jan 2021, I will just quickly point out I usually 50 miles a day in it, last Thursday I did a job over 200 mile away round trip, on the way back, pulled up for coffee, came back to car and it wouldn't start, all lights and radio etc came on and remained on each time I stuck the key in and twisted but nothing from the engine to start, called the AA, got off phone, turned key again, low and behold it started, fantastic, unfortunately not in a position just now to get to garage but will this weekend coming, anyway no problems since last Thursday, today again I did around 200 miles and when I stopped for coffee same thing, nothing, rang AA but within 15 mins started again, I've come home and have the intention of taking to garage this weekend but I just wondered if anyway had any ideas that may help, other then stop stopping for coffee 😁😁 I have no other issues, no dimming lights etc and I'm just at a loss of what I can do if this happens tomorrow or Friday ?? Any help would be kindly appreciated, thanking you all so much. Lee 🤘🤘

Post moved.

hi and weclome

we always like when new members join our forum.
    would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Probably the Starter motor. I had this with my 2007 Vectra. Can you hit it with a small hammer next time it does it and see if it solves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy151 View Post
        Probably the Starter motor. I had this with my 2007 Vectra. Can you hit it with a small hammer next time it does it and see if it solves it.
        hi and weclome

we always like when new members join our forum.
        would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Is it Emanuel or autoasmatuc ?
          Yeeeeehaaaaaaa!

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Howde, it's emanual.... ����

Comment

It could be as Ziggy startdust has suggested the starter motor .
              Maybe the under bonnet temperature just cools enough over the cars coffee break to be able to start again !
              Funny and weird it may sound but that's my therory behind it !
              34/56 rubber starter motor .

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi all, update, so happened again today, wouldn't restart after 30 mins trying, got recovered and now in for repair, so 2 faults but I can't figure out how they relate, 1 my starter motor needs replacing (well done who suggested this) but also my battery is corroded and leaking, apparently I need both replaced as they are hand in hand faults, I would pay to have both replaced anyway but how are this hand in hand, I just want to understand this if anyone can help? Cheers in advance, Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Leanwood1983 View Post
                  Hi all, update, so happened again today, wouldn't restart after 30 mins trying, got recovered and now in for repair, so 2 faults but I can't figure out how they relate, 1 my starter motor needs replacing (well done who suggested this) but also my battery is corroded and leaking, apparently I need both replaced as they are hand in hand faults, I would pay to have both replaced anyway but how are this hand in hand, I just want to understand this if anyone can help? Cheers in advance, Lee
                  Well the starter motor may have failed due to bad or low voltage from the battery. Or the battery may have been damaged from a slow turning starter motor, or an electrical issue from the starter motor.
                  Battery may have been on the way out for a while, and just coincides with the starter motor failing.
                  I can understand car not starting and the starter motor maybe locking into position, disconnecting battery way well release the electrical stuck motor.
                  Either way I would be tempted to stick a new battery on and have a auto electrian test the starter motor. Unless this has already been done, you never mentioned the actual fault on the starter motor.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                  Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Professor MattG has hit the problem on the head .verbally
                    Starter motor could of been failing , cooking the battery !
                    23-45 rubber battery .

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
                    X