Engine Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Problem

Ok so the other day i was driving along with the cruise control set when all of a sudden the "Please Service Soon" message popped up and cruise control stopped. On the drive home anytime I tried to reset the cruise control it would stay on for a minute or 2 and then stop. The car also felt like it had no power especially when changing gears.

So when I got the car home it was making a terrible sound so i rang the mechanic to come have a look. Now when I try start the car it wont start straight away it's like it tries to start and then cuts out but if I leave my foot on the clutch it will kick back in and start.

The mechanic checked the fault codes on the car and 2 errors came up so he changed both parts and scanned again but the same error codes are coming up. I cant remember exactly what the fault codes where but the new parts are ok so he thinks the error message is incorrect.

I also have 2 warning lights on the dashboard one is the traction control light and the other is the engine light. They only came on once this started.

Has anyone else ever had an issue like this or any idea what it could be?

The mechanic said sometimes there is a clip in the engine that can com loose or break and go into the engine and this is what it could be?

Hi!

That’s a bummer!

We need definitely some fault codes first.
    Can you provide these?

Comment

As far as i remember it was the Cam Sensor? but I can't remember the other one.

The mechanic thinks these fault codes are wrong dough as he changed both parts but still got the codes

Comment

There are way more possibilities around the Cam sensor. If it is not the sensor itself, it can be wiring, you have a ground, positive and one or two signal wires, they need to be checked also. At my opinion those needs to be checked first before a part is changed. There need to be made some measurements first. The easiest thing is to change the sensor, this could me done by yourself but is already been done. The difficult part needs to be done by the mechanic, so I think if he is unable to find it you need to go to a shop which can. Just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X