Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch pressure

Hi,

I have just bought an insignia grandsport 1.5T 2018 which runs very nicely apart the clutch pedal, very randomly and not very often the clutch pedal loses pressure you can still change gear and the car operates perfectly normal.

Is this a fault or just how the car is there is so much tech in it it's hard to know now a days, the car is under warranty but would like so ideas before I take it in and be fobbed off like unusually am.

Thanks

Paul

This one has raised its head a few times. It tends to only do it when turning right at a roundabout or sweeping right hand bends/turns. Some members had new clutches fitted under warranty, some slave cylinders or whatever they're called and I even heard of one member on the Facebook group having a new engine fitted. He was told it was Crank walk also known as thrust bearing play. I think engine replacement was a bit dramatic but it was on a new car to probably easier to swap it than strip it down to do the work.

Some dealers said they couldn't find a problem (probably told to say that) and I think owners just live with it.

Not heard of any failing due to it though. Might be worth bringing up crank walk with your dealer. That should start him on the right track.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      This one has raised its head a few times. It tends to only do it when turning right at a roundabout or sweeping right hand bends/turns. Some members had new clutches fitted under warranty, some slave cylinders or whatever they're called and I even heard of one member on the Facebook group having a new engine fitted. He was told it was Crank walk also known as thrust bearing play. I think engine replacement was a bit dramatic but it was on a new car to probably easier to swap it than strip it down to do the work.

Some dealers said they couldn't find a problem (probably told to say that) and I think owners just live with it.

Not heard of any failing due to it though. Might be worth bringing up crank walk with your dealer. That should start him on the right track.
      Thanks for replying so quickly I'll keep you updated to what they say.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Any news yet? Did you take it in?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by pauliesco View Post
          Thanks for replying so quickly I'll keep you updated to what they say.

Thanks

Paul
          It's in tomorrow I'll report back it's also in for some other stuff which I've not asked about in here I might post later the guys in here are so much more knowledgeable than the technicians I seem to go to.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200703_155744.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	247541
            Here is a list of parts it needs a new slave cylinder and a new compressor from my other post.

Comment

Ah well the slave cylinder rings true with others who had the same issue so hopefully that should sort it. Keep us updated if you will. When are they doing the work?

Comment

Love seeing people get the most out of their warranties

Comment

Originally posted by Damon12345 View Post
                  Love seeing people get the most out of their warranties
                  Mine ends on the 17th of this month. Watch something go wrong just after.

Comment

On my SEAT, the 9 month warranty cover honoured, 2 custom window seals, rear drums, interior lighting, navigation system/software, AC blower, recirc flap & motor, wishbone, 4w allingment, and a paintjob on various parts [emoji18]

Comment

Ah well the slave cylinder rings true with others who had the same issue so hopefully that should sort it. Keep us updated if you will. When are they doing the work?
                      Car is going in 15th July they will probably send me away with a pink courtesy car like they did last time thead

Comment

Car is going in 15th July they will probably send me away with a pink courtesy car like they did last time thead
                        I like a crap courtesy car. Make you appreciate your own car more when you get it back.

Comment

Just read in your other thread you have the car back after having the slave cylinder replaced. Has it sorted the issue?

Comment

Just read in your other thread you have the car back after having the slave cylinder replaced. Has it sorted the issue?
                            I have just got back in now from driving around for an hour and the car has been flawless, no stumbling jerking or anything the clutch has been perfect hasn't lost pressure once.

Hope I'm not speaking prematurely but the issue does seem to have been fixed
                            Last edited by pauliesco; 17-07-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

I have just got back in now from driving around for an hour and the car has been flawless, no stumbling jerking or anything the clutch has been perfect hasn't lost pressure once.

Hope I'm not speaking prematurely but the issue does seem to have been fixed
                              Nice one!... Fingers crossed. I don't understand how dealers aren't sharing info on fixes to these issues. I can't believe they fitted a new engine for another owner with the same issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X