Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swan Neck Towbar

Morning all,

I am looking at getting a towbar fitted.

I would like to get a detachable towbar, but I’m tight git and cringe when I see the prices!

A few questions really. I have a 2016 Hatch with rear parking sensors, has anyone fitted a swan neck successfully with no interference with the sensors? Which brand did you go for?

And, is it something fairly easy I could diy to reduce the cost? A quick look at fitting prices vary greatly by a few hundred quid - I’m not really sure why...

I’m only looking to tow a medium sized trailer to haul the camping gear about.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Groovyblues View Post
    Morning all,

I am looking at getting a towbar fitted.

I would like to get a detachable towbar, but I’m tight git and cringe when I see the prices!

A few questions really. I have a 2016 Hatch with rear parking sensors, has anyone fitted a swan neck successfully with no interference with the sensors? Which brand did you go for?

And, is it something fairly easy I could diy to reduce the cost? A quick look at fitting prices vary greatly by a few hundred quid - I’m not really sure why...

I’m only looking to tow a medium sized trailer to haul the camping gear about.

Thanks,
    exclusiv.

Has one fitted and I'm sure the sensors cut out when the towball/neck is locked in position.

But he might be able to inform you better buddy

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      exclusiv.

Has one fitted and I'm sure the sensors cut out when the towball/neck is locked in position.

But he might be able to inform you better buddy
      its a witter,detachable,not the cheapest you can buy,but when the swan neck is removed theres no signs of a towbar ever been there,when looking from behind. Also,when fitted,the rear cam still works,but it automatically disables the rear sensors,when selecting reverse
      Last edited by exclusiv.; 28-06-2020, 09:36 AM.
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        its a witter,detachable,not the cheapest you can buy,but when the swan neck is removed theres no signs of a towbar ever been there,when looking from behind. Also,when fitted,the rear cam still works,but it automatically disables the rear sensors,when selecting reverse
        Ditto Witter detectable with a dedicated wire kit As above, also automatically cuts reversing lights when towing, also monitors the trailer for bulb failure. Not the cheapest but easy to fit.
        https://www.pfjones.co.uk/ They do 7pin and 13 pin systems. the 7 pin would do for a small camping trailer. I would recommend 13 pin in case you want to upgrade to a caravan.
        Last edited by Dave71; 28-06-2020, 07:00 PM.
        Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

A local chap came out this morning and fitted a flange towbar for me. £305 lighter and does the job. Doesn’t interfere with sensors either.

Comment

Working...
          X