Vectra self cancelling indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vectra self cancelling indicator

Hi guys , as most of u on here have prob had a Vectra just wondering if you've come across the fault where the indicator doesn't self cancel when the wheel is turned , I have to stop it myself manually ?

I had it on my old Vectra facelift. Unfortunately it required the replacement of the CIM module. Hope it's not so in your case, as it's not cheap to replace. Diagnosis of DTC Error codes will most likely pinpoint the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
      I had it on my old Vectra facelift. Unfortunately it required the replacement of the CIM module. Hope it's not so in your case, as it's not cheap to replace. Diagnosis of DTC Error codes will most likely pinpoint the cause.
      Oh right ok , what is the cim module , is it something I can try from another Vectra ?

Comment

Originally posted by Baz 160 nav View Post
        Oh right ok , what is the cim module , is it something I can try from another Vectra ?
        CIM is the Column Integrated Module, located under the steering wheel, which I believe controls virtually everything that the car does. Don't know any of the technical details as I'm not that way inclined. I understand there are different types of CIM, indicated by a 2-letter code, depending on the model type and how it is configured, so only the type that matches your CIM's code would work.

From when I had my CIM replaced it cost about £200 plus labour at the dealers. As I said getting the codes read will indicate whether replacement of the CIM is needed, or point to some other minor fault.

I apologise if I am wrong in what I have said above, I'm just saying what I was told in my case.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k_sri View Post
          CIM is the Integrated Column Module, located under the steering wheel, which I believe controls virtually everything that the car does. Don't know any of the technical details as I'm not that way inclined. I understand there are different types of CIM, indicated by a 2-letter code, depending on the model type and how it is configured, so only the type that matches your CIM's code would work.

From when I had my CIM replaced it cost about £200 plus labour at the dealers. As I said getting the codes read will indicate whether replacement of the CIM is needed, or point to some other minor fault.

I apologise if I am wrong in what I have said above, I'm just saying what I was told in my case.
          That's a good write up mate [emoji106] thanks, nothing else seems to be broken ? Just the indicator ok IL do some research on the cim now thanks john

Comment

You may be able to open it and replace the indicator stalk .
            Like you can on the Saab 9-3 .
            10-3 rubber indicator

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
              You may be able to open it and replace the indicator stalk .
              Like you can on the Saab 9-3 .
              10-3 rubber indicator
              Ok mate , will look into this aswell [emoji1303]

Comment

Try cleaning the indicator stalk first, it's easy enough to remove, sure you just need a paper clip to release it, otherwise it might be worth changing it altogether--Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                  Try cleaning the indicator stalk first, it's easy enough to remove, sure you just need a paper clip to release it, otherwise it might be worth changing it altogether--Dave
                  Ok, where would the paperclip go, IL need to pull the rubber aside I take it to reveal a hole of some sort Dave ?

Comment

Yes that's correct, pull the rubber back and you should see the slot and the stalk just pulls out--Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1419 View Post
                      Yes that's correct, pull the rubber back and you should see the slot and the stalk just pulls out--Dave
                      Ok mate cheers [emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                      X