Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New car smell

Hi All,

A nice easy question for someone, when you buy a new car it always has a nice new car smell does anyone know if you can buy that smell?. I have tried a few but none of them smell like a new car.

Thanks Paul

Originally posted by pauliesco View Post
    Hi All,

A nice easy question for someone, when you buy a new car it always has a nice new car smell does anyone know if you can buy that smell?. I have tried a few but none of them smell like a new car.

Thanks Paul
    Yeah, just buy a new car every 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
      Yeah, just buy a new car every 6 months.
      Suppose that would work was looking for a cheaper option though 😆😂😆😂

Comment

Originally posted by pauliesco View Post
        Suppose that would work was looking for a cheaper option though ��������
        I can remember you could buy a magic tree " new car scent " but it didn't smell anything like a new car.

I don't think there is such a thing tbh.

Comment

For total annihilation of odours, use the Odor Bomb as a fogger. Place the can on a flat surface and depress the valve into the locking catch and leave the room. Do not disturb the area for at least two hours.

Try this one.

Comment

I think the thing is , they cannot recreate the smell of your new car or any others 100%
            Because different manufacturers use different materials and different materials have different smells !
            Like cheap rattley plastic smell is different
            To super soft feel plastic
            Leather the same
            Fabric
            So as Samyam has posted there is a " new car smell spray "
            But what car is it based on ?
            Like the scent of a woman
            There's the small of mine
            Or
            Back Alley sally smell
            10-4 rubber Palmer

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

IIRC, a lot of the "new car" smell emanates from the solvents used in the plastic used for trim, fascias etc, and can be carcinogenic if inhaled to excess. Lizzard is right that different interiors will have different smells, and I must admit that ANY new car really does smell nice, hence the attempts to replicate the smell by artificial means. I found that a good leather cream used regularly on the seats gives a nice smell to mine, but you'd then need to add solvents etc to match that special odour.

Oh, and 'Scent of a Woman' is one of my favourite movies, especially the bit where (a blind!!!) Al Pacino takes a car for a test drive!
              2018 1.5T SRi Nav
              Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

The one I’ve posted gives you the hire van smell of that makes sense

Comment

Last van I hired smelled of diesel and old sofas - I suppose it depends where you hire them from!
                  2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                  Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Thankyou for all the comments looks like it won't be that easy ��

Comment

Never tired this but cheap enough to try.

Comment

The wife just come home from town and has brought from Poundland som Yankee candle car fresheners and one is new car scent

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                          The wife just come home from town and has brought from Poundland som Yankee candle car fresheners and one is new car scent
                          Question is though is it any good matey, do let us know👍🏻

Comment

Working...
                          X