No announcement yet.

Dpf problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check the oil level first .if high on dip stick,then change oil and filter first before trying to force regen .Is the car in LHM ?
    Is the car down on power ? Has the service vehicle soon message popped up ?
    10-4 rubber gloves!

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Good to hear you again Jakxta, The Marvellous Mechanical Mouse Organ will fix it. Welcome back.
      Last edited by Drew; 01-07-2020, 11:38 AM.

Comment

As [mention]lizzard-t [/USER] says I would change the oil before doing a regen as force regens on these are quite high with the rpm and if there is diesel in the oil you may get the same issue I’ve got

Comment

And remove the tuning box.
          You known how they operate? They fool the car thinking it's not putting enough fuel in the engine by sending a lower fuel line pressure to the computer. It will compensate this apparently lower pressure by increasing the time the injectors are injecting fuel, causing a bit more power. This kind of work in low and medium load scenarios. But when you really put your feed down, normally the amount of fuel is limited by the airflow, as measured by the airflow meter.

However, as the tuning box is tricks the computer to inject more fuel then it thinks it's injecting, this addition fuel can not be burned as there is simply more fuel than air. This causing the car to create black smoke, which will be trapped in your DPF.

Comment

I don't know if you have got s pedal box or a tuning box ?
            But if it's a tuning gizmo then remove it .
            10-4 rubber pedal

.K.M.P.C.U
            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
              Check the oil level first .if high on dip stick,then change oil and filter first before trying to force regen .Is the car in LHM ?
              Is the car down on power ? Has the service vehicle soon message popped up ?
              10-4 rubber gloves!
              Yes in limp mode, service vehicle soon popping up. Getting live diagnosis tomorrow
              2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
              honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                And remove the tuning box.
                You known how they operate? They fool the car thinking it's not putting enough fuel in the engine by sending a lower fuel line pressure to the computer. It will compensate this apparently lower pressure by increasing the time the injectors are injecting fuel, causing a bit more power. This kind of work in low and medium load scenarios. But when you really put your feed down, normally the amount of fuel is limited by the airflow, as measured by the airflow meter.

However, as the tuning box is tricks the computer to inject more fuel then it thinks it's injecting, this addition fuel can not be burned as there is simply more fuel than air. This causing the car to create black smoke, which will be trapped in your DPF.
                So keep chip and get dpf delete, or get rid of chip and go back to boring slow car haha. I'm hoping to get rid of the dpf as it's the cheapest and best option for the car
                honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                  I don't know if you have got s pedal box or a tuning box ?
                  But if it's a tuning gizmo then remove it .
                  10-4 rubber pedal
                  Remove permanently or while fixing dpf?

Comment

Remove it completely
                    10-4

.K.M.P.C.U
                    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Remove the chip otherwise you’ll be doing this

Comment

I will second and third all above remove any add ons an force a regen.
                        I've op-com if you need to force one if you can make it through to Glasgow.

Comment

Isn’t removing the dpf an mot failure these days?

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                            Isn’t removing the dpf an mot failure these days?
                            Yip, same as removing a cat.
                            Any tampering with the dpf is a fail now if seen

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                              Yip, same as removing a cat.
                              Any tampering with the dpf is a fail now if seen
                              And it's very clear to see, as a exhaust will become black.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakxta View Post
                                So keep chip and get dpf delete, or get rid of chip and go back to boring slow car haha. I'm hoping to get rid of the dpf as it's the cheapest and best option for the car
                                Normally DPF problems are caused by an other issue with the car or driving style. I never had a problem with mines, even never saw the warning I should keep driving to clean it. I don't have the indicator LED fitted and even used to shut down the engine when it was doing a regen. Only now I'm drive a lot less due to corona, so every now and than take it for a longer trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X