Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front brakes squeaking

Hi
    First of all hope this is the right place to post this.
    6 months ago my front brakes decided to squeak and it became louder. So I changed pads. It appeared that the problem was solved, but no no. About 3 weeks ago it started again. So I took brakes apart including calipers and gave it a very good clean and used copper grease where possible. So now I am not sure what to do.
    I'm thinking about changing the spring clips.
    As anyone come across similar situation and any advice is welcome.
    Cheers

Hi,did you change discs also?
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Hi
      I changed discs about 2 years ago

Comment

Have you got any grooves in the discs?..
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Not that I've noticed.
          I going to change the spring clips and give them a good clean. Then I'll see..
          It's an annoying noise.

Comment

Some makes of pads are better than others,some 'glaze' easy and make noises,give all a good clean and rough the pads up with new anti-rattle spring clips.A small amount of copper grease will also help.
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Ok thx
              I have pagid pads at the moment

Comment

I've used them in the past and had no issues,keep us updated on how you get on

Comment

Hi.
                  its been a while since the original post. But to conclude about noise. Basically I changed the front pads and noise went then after 2 months it was back. So I decided to inspect the rear brake pads. Well, I had to chisel them off and offside caliper piston was exposed. Rubber bit was torn. So I asked advice from my mechanic and he said that I needed new caliper and obviously pads. I done that in july so now theres no noise at all. And painted copper grease everywhere possible.
                  so far so good and no noise.
                  Hope it helps..

Comment

Working...
                  X