Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check Right Dipped Bulb Issue AFL - Ballast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right got a second hand genuine original "fully working" on its way, third time lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones-e View Post
      yeah, the fault follows the ballast.
      You might get it cheaper at autodoc rather than the stealers

Comment

Originally posted by Jones-e View Post
        Right got a second hand genuine original "fully working" on its way, third time lucky.
        Just noticed your post

Comment

To my mind I think the ballast is a red herring ( other fish available)
          The Lin-bus is a cheaper alternative to the can bus system .
          It has 16 nodes (1 master 15 slaves )
          It's lost communication between the master and one of the slaves or itself.
          And that's the reason why you have bulb out failure warning , even though the light is ok .
          So I think you could buy all the ballasts you like but the fault will still appear .
          Due to Lin bus failure ,not ballast failure .
          10-4 rubber gold fish !

.K.M.P.C.U
          YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I see what you are saying but as the problem follows the ballast to the other side when swapped I am giving it 1 more try, the 2 tried so far had slightly different casings to the original. The 2nd hand one looks identical so will see. If it don’t work I will look further.

Comment

Well it is finally sorted, all working correctly now, no bulb out messages so can confirm the following.

It appears you need a genuine ballast as supplied by Vauxhall. The "working" second hand ballast arrived and when fitted didn't even light the bulb so that is in the process of being refunded.

The cheap copies will work the bulb but give a bulb out message. If you are happy with this they can be got for as little as £22 - link I got to the cheap one Cheap-Ballast but you then need to clear the message every time the light comes on.

DO NOT buy Same as cheap above - NOT Genuine these are £80 and advertised as genuine but are the same as the cheap copies, no problem refunding though.

Here is the one I finally settled on, all in and working correctly, messaged them and they confirmed it is exactly the same one as Vauxhall supply (only cheaper)
              Genuine Original

It appears the easiest way to tell the difference is the cheap ones have a dead flat back face (apart from the connector part), the genuine ones have various raised sections on the rear. Note the cheap one shows these raised sections but are not on what they supply.

I have decided to keep the cheap (£22) one as a spare in case I need to fit one urgently in the future whilst waiting on a gen one, all the others have gone back for refunds.

Sometimes you just got to buy Genuine.

Comment

Good news,may help others(including me)thanks for your update on the fix
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thanks for posting about how to spot the real genuine vs so called genuine. Handy info in future

Comment

I had same message last night(only left), left light not working...fear of worst tonight I inspecteded headlight interior. It is dry inside, contacts of ballast also dry. Chacked fuses, all good. Had old working xenon bulb, replace it and it is working. So same message is for dead bulb also, like it sad "inspect lamp" ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                    X