Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgate issues

Hi All,

I’m new to this group and I have a few bits on the insignia I’m having issues with.

The main issue is the tail gate won’t open, when I purchased the car a year ago the boot wouldn’t open but this was a switch issue, the boot opened with the key fob and button on the drivers door. (I have the auto boot option). I replaced the boot switch and all was working fine til about 2 month ago. Now the boot doesn’t open at all, this seems to be after an error flashed up on the sat nav screen, after plugging my phone in to charge... the boot just doesn’t open..

When I push the boot release switch the hazards flash as they normally do but the boot just doesn’t seem to un-latch. I believe I’ve checked the relevant fuses but all seem well. I can manually opened the boot with the release latch inside but other than climbing through the boot to open I have no other means of opening the boot. With a baby on the way I could really do with being able to access the boot externally 😂.

I haven’t had a serious look at all the components on the boot but before i go digging around I just wondered if anyone had the answers or areas I could check first!

Thank you all in advance

Matt

A long shot but is the outside temperature reading on the dash normal? I had an issue with my temp sensor and it was reading -40 and the tailgate wouldn't open.When I plugged my reader in it said the tailgate was disabled as it was outside the operating temperature range...

Comment

Originally posted by Andyk View Post
      A long shot but is the outside temperature reading on the dash normal? I had an issue with my temp sensor and it was reading -40 and the tailgate wouldn't open.When I plugged my reader in it said the tailgate was disabled as it was outside the operating temperature range...
      Hi Andy,

As far as I’m aware the temp reading is all fine, and seems to be correct.

I’m going to have a look tomorrow to see if there’s anything i can see, but what it seems is just the boot isn’t being released from the lock.

Cheers

Comment

Probably it’s the tailgate ecu. Mine had got water in it from a leak at the top of the tailgate opening

Comment

Hi,

I have stripped out the eco and all looks well... could it potentially be a programming fault with the error flashing up on the dash could I of somehow wiped it with plugging my phone in which that caused and electrical fault?

Thanks

Comment

Update - with the boot opened manually, when I push the boot close button on the inside of the tailgate I get 2 beeps..? Does this help anyone, help me diagnose the issue?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
            X