Front bumper repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front bumper repair

I've got a horrible scuff on my front bumper that's driving me mad. Do you think it's possible or wise to attempt to fix this myself? Any advice appreciatedClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200705_110054.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	251035

Originally posted by BenHopkins View Post
    I've got a horrible scuff on my front bumper that's driving me mad. Do you think it's possible or wise to attempt to fix this myself? Any advice appreciated[ATTACH=CONFIG]6512[/ATTACH]
    hi and weclome

we always like when new members join our forum.
    would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

It depends on how deep the scratches are?

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        It depends on how deep the scratches are?
        They're not overly deep. I thought A light fill and sand but it's the respray that I'm worried about, how good the match will be

Comment

They're not overly deep. I thought A light fill and sand but it's the respray that I'm worried about, how good the match will be
          if your using aerosols, then the distance you hold it determines how dark or how light it'll be.....hold the can too close, it'l be darker, hold it too far away, the colour will be lighter.

Comment

Get some Meguiars 105 compound, that should buff out by the looks of it 🖒

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
              Get some Meguiars 105 compound, that should buff out by the looks of it ��
              It's through to plastic mate.
              It'll need flattened, filled, prepped and painted.

Comment

It's through to plastic mate.
                It'll need flattened, filled, prepped and painted.
                Depends what he has hit doesn't look deep to me rather than whatever he has hit is just the remnants from it.
                Give it a go you never know 🖒

Comment

if your using aerosols, then the distance you hold it determines how dark or how light it'll be.....hold the can too close, it'l be darker, hold it too far away, the colour will be lighter.
                  School day! Nice one

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                    School day! Nice one
                    It's the same with a spray gun mate.
                    The distance you hold it away from the panel will determine the shade when finished.

My old man served his time as a panel beater/sprayer with a RR dealer in the 60's.....I learned a helluva lot from him.

Comment

It's the same with a spray gun mate.
                      The distance you hold it away from the panel will determine the shade when finished.

My old man served his time as a panel beater/sprayer with a RR dealer in the 60's.....I learned a helluva lot from him.
                      I've a few painting jobs needing done an always wondered why the paint is darker, I'd normally get paint matched rather than code for that reason.

Got a few scabs appearing where some one hit the side in a car park an one on the edge of the bonnet on the Clio.

Plus the lovely addition the Mrs's made on the insignia's front

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                        I've a few painting jobs needing done an always wondered why the paint is darker, I'd normally get paint matched rather than code for that reason.

Got a few scabs appearing where some one hit the side in a car park an one on the edge of the bonnet on the Clio.

Plus the lovely addition the Mrs's made on the insignia's front
                        Remember though, the finished job is not in the painting, it's in the preparation.
                        You can be a brilliant painter, but if the prep is rushed, the full job will look crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean110 View Post
                          Get some Meguiars 105 compound, that should buff out by the looks of it 🖒
                          Tried that, dad worked for meguiars so my cupboards rammed with product. Looks like a fill and respray job now

Comment

Tried that, dad worked for meguiars so my cupboards rammed with product. Looks like a fill and respray job now
                            As I said in post 7.
                            My son has a 60 plate, same colour same marks.....it needs filled and painted.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200707_125634002.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	247590
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200707_125619487.jpg
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	247591Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200707_125605851.jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	247592
                            Last edited by RBH; 07-07-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

As I said in post 7.
                              My son has a 60 plate, same colour same marks.....it needs filled and painted.
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]6582[/ATTACH]
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]6583[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]6584[/ATTACH]
                              Nice wheels

Comment

Working...
                              X