Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm having a weird problem again..... Handbrake this time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm having a weird problem again..... Handbrake this time.

Right so stupid elc handbrake

Several times in the last two weeks. Im sure I put the handbrake on, it's like a natural reflex.

Go out to it (luckily I naturally leave it in gear) and the handbrake not on.

Is it possible just to "go off"

I know I'm 100% sure I put it on yesterday and I'm more aware of it now and went out this morning and handbrake off again.

Please tell me it is possible and its not me being stupid.

Originally posted by RunPT View Post
    Right so stupid elc handbrake

Several times in the last two weeks. Im sure I put the handbrake on, it's like a natural reflex.

Go out to it (luckily I naturally leave it in gear) and the handbrake not on.

Is it possible just to "go off"

I know I'm 100% sure I put it on yesterday and I'm more aware of it now and went out this morning and handbrake off again.

Please tell me it is possible and its not me being stupid.
    My drive slopes down, many a night I click handbrake and it doesn't engage. After time your so used to quickly flicking the switch it doesn't always engage. Won't take you long to start clicking it twice.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      My drive slopes down, many a night I click handbrake and it doesn't engage. After time your so used to quickly flicking the switch it doesn't always engage. Won't take you long to start clicking it twice.
      I do click it twice, and I know 100% yesterday it came up on screen and says its engaged and this morning it was off.

The bay I park in slopes and cars park on opposite side of road so don't want to find my car side on into my neighbours.

Might get it looked at

Comment

Originally posted by RunPT View Post
        I do click it twice, and I know 100% yesterday it came up on screen and says its engaged and this morning it was off.

The bay I park in slopes and cars park on opposite side of road so don't want to find my car side on into my neighbours.

Might get it looked at
        You did say Frank said your brakes wanted doing anyway. It's a big heavy car, maybe it's just down to that.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
          You did say Frank said your brakes wanted doing anyway. It's a big heavy car, maybe it's just down to that.
          Possibly, I'm my tired state that never even occurred to me, handbrake = normal brakes.

I'm an idiot at times [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

It's going in for them in 2 weeks so hopefully that will sort it

Comment

Working...
          X