Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange noise and RPM drop

Hi

This is a very odd one, when driving in 2nd just before get to 2,000 rpm theres a slipping like noise ( flutter noise ) the rpm will go up and down for like couple of seconds, you can feel the car like miss fire then go normal again, its sound like when u hear turbo flutter but not as loud very odd its been going it for long time no errors.

I can make the noise come back in low end gears when driving by accelerating bit hard not to much take my foot off the accelerator instantly and the flutter type noise come back and go again.

something to do with the clutch ?? but going to very step hill putting my foot down no problems with slipping.

DMF failing ?? whats to look out for or test ??

The car was used for towing a caravan in the past.

its really bothering me dont know what it is or could be ????????

the engine is 2.0 CDTI 150

Hope someone can help

As you say a strange on there .
    DMF failing symptoms
    Only happen at idle normally
    Slight rattle when out of gear
    Depress clutch and rattle goes away .
    I would suggest getting a good quality code reader that dose live data read out so you can record the status of the car when this happens
    Fuel trims etc .
    Other things to check
    Induction pipework for possible air leaks ,splits etc
    Boost control valve is a known issue on thease that makes a kind of mooing sound .
    If you or someone has opcom that's a handy peace of kit for thease .
    10-4 rubber hose !

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply I have op-com but have no idea how to read the live data only know how to read the fault codes on it.

Edit - Just found out how to read the live data, I take it there is a way to compare normal running data when this odd problem happens

Comment

Exactly, if it's clutch related it will not tell you that , but if it's fuel / air related then it will give you different readings on the fuel trims
        Either too rich or too lean .
        If you get screen shots then post them on here and we can all have o lookie .

.K.M.P.C.U
        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Ok will do if I get time weekend I post them

Thanks for your advice 👍

Comment

Hi

Tried to do opcom but could not have the save data it keeps crashing so I tried to do a video but very windy

U can use hear it soon as u see the bonet like a dump valve sound like metal slipping

Tried turning the engine off with clutch pressed down made a clunk sound tried again with out clutch press no sound

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.brickles View Post
              Hi

Tried to do opcom but could not have the save data it keeps crashing so I tried to do a video but very windy

U can use hear it soon as u see the bonet like a dump valve sound like metal slipping

Tried turning the engine off with clutch pressed down made a clunk sound tried again with out clutch press no sound
              Right finally got op-com working correctly so I will try and get a CSV file with the data later today

Comment

Ok here is the live data from op-com engine data https://drive.google.com/file/d/1erN...ew?usp=sharing

Comment

any make any sense from the data i cant ?

Comment

Hi got a another video I can get the same noise when rev the car

Comment

Hi just a update car went into limp mode got error p0234-11 engine over boost high input

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.brickles View Post
                        Hi just a update car went into limp mode got error p0234-11 engine over boost high input
                        Have you got a tuning chip fitted?
                        2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                        honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

No chip fitted

Comment

Sounds like the vains on the turbo maybe stickey
                            Because it uses a VNT system on the turbo( variable nozzle turbine.)
                            What it is.is a set of nozzles that via a VNT actuator on the side of the turbo come out and move in as you increase or decrease speed . basically squeezing the amount of incoming air .
                            When they get stuck.in the open position or closed position, the ECU detects an over or under boost condition.they can normally be freed up by purchasing some VNT cleaner and following the instructions.
                            Also whilst at it make sure the vacuum lines are attached and no sign of perishing.
                            56-23 rubber Bruce!

Sent from my Nokia 4.2 using Tapatalk

.K.M.P.C.U
                            YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

I'm picking up some tomorrow Wynns turbo cleaner hope that helps all pipes are ok checked them all

Comment

Working...
                              X