Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IntelliLux

Hi,

New Insignia driver here. I've come up from an Astra and I love my new car- the only downside is I think I've gone from their IntelliLux LED lights on the Astra Elite Nav to what I think are halogens on my Insignia SRI Nav. The Grand Sport has had plenty of things added before I got it such as heated seats and a reversing camera, so it's not a baseline SRI Nav and has almost everything my old Astra Elite Nav had, except these headlights, so I've done pretty well. Still, when driving for the first time at night, I did miss the reactive assisted beam round corners etc- maybe a boy's toy which I'll soon adjust to not having, and I won't be that disappointed without them, but I'd like to look into it.

I saw a previous post from 2018 saying it was impractical (or ££££) to upgrade to IntelliLux, I was wondering if that might still be the case now? It's a 68 reg. I must be honest, I know little about lights so I'm not 100% certain the lights are halogen- I'd be grateful if anyone could advise what the situation would be on a 2018 SRI Nav (1.5L petrol turbo if that matters)?

If they are halogen, and IntelliLux is a ridiculous upgrade, would anyone suggest upgrading the lights anyway to LED or similar etc. Or if I'm just fretting needlessly...

Thanks, glad to be a member of the club- always wanted an Insignia and mighty proud of my new ride!

Matt

Originally posted by insigniawyc View Post
    Hi,

New Insignia driver here. I've come up from an Astra and I love my new car- the only downside is I think I've gone from their IntelliLux LED lights on the Astra Elite Nav to what I think are halogens on my Insignia SRI Nav. The Grand Sport has had plenty of things added before I got it such as heated seats and a reversing camera, so it's not a baseline SRI Nav and has almost everything my old Astra Elite Nav had, except these headlights, so I've done pretty well. Still, when driving for the first time at night, I did miss the reactive assisted beam round corners etc- maybe a boy's toy which I'll soon adjust to not having, and I won't be that disappointed without them, but I'd like to look into it.

I saw a previous post from 2018 saying it was impractical (or ££££) to upgrade to IntelliLux, I was wondering if that might still be the case now? It's a 68 reg. I must be honest, I know little about lights so I'm not 100% certain the lights are halogen- I'd be grateful if anyone could advise what the situation would be on a 2018 SRI Nav (1.5L petrol turbo if that matters)?

If they are halogen, and IntelliLux is a ridiculous upgrade, would anyone suggest upgrading the lights anyway to LED or similar etc. Or if I'm just fretting needlessly...

Thanks, glad to be a member of the club- always wanted an Insignia and mighty proud of my new ride!

Matt
    hi and weclome

we always like when new members join our forum.
    would you care to visit this section of the forum...………….

and introduce yourself properly to everyone.

Tell us a bit about yourself and maybe share a pic or 2 of your car.

Thanks...………...much appreciated.

Comment

Hi, sorry I didn't realise. Is it ok to leave this main query thread re the lights here, or include it with my intro on the other page?

Thanks

Comment

Hi, sorry I didn't realise. Is it ok to leave this main query thread re the lights here, or include it with my intro on the other page?

Thanks
        Best to leave it here mate.

That way your post is up.

Just do a introduction without any problems or issues

Ohhh......we like pictures on here, so don't be shy on showing your car mate

Comment

I’m also looking to upgrade my lights, reading another thread it seems led is a good upgrade and not to pricey. I think it was nova or some make like that which you can source on eBay for around the £20 mark. Good luck and welcome to the best place for all things insignia

Comment

Originally posted by mka306 View Post
            I’m also looking to upgrade my lights, reading another thread it seems led is a good upgrade and not to pricey. I think it was nova or some make like that which you can source on eBay for around the £20 mark. Good luck and welcome to the best place for all things insignia
            Novichok

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
              Novichok
              I couldn’t find novichok but there is novsight.

Comment

I couldn’t find novichok but there is novsight.
                Awwww ffs......please don't go into anywhere and ask for novichok

Comment

Hi,

Matt

I've copied this from my post in another thread...

You can't just stick any leds in your dipped beam. It's important you get the correct cut off. Most sets will just dazzle other road users. These will give you the correct beam pattern
                  https://www.ebay.ie/itm/264261797730?ul_noapp=true You also need error cancellers for the canbus. Something like these https://www.ebay.ie/itm/x2PCS-H7-LED...8AAOSwrR5biSKt It all fits inside the headlight and the cover fits back on nicely.

You can stick any in your main beam though and you don't need error cancellers for main beam because it isn't canbus. I have these in mine https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nighteye-72W...AAAOSwKltexjC9 They turn unlit roads into daylight
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post

I've copied this from my post in another thread...

You can't just stick any leds in your dipped beam. It's important you get the correct cut off. Most sets will just dazzle other road users. These will give you the correct beam pattern
                    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/264261797730?ul_noapp=true You also need error cancellers for the canbus. Something like these https://www.ebay.ie/itm/x2PCS-H7-LED...8AAOSwrR5biSKt It all fits inside the headlight and the cover fits back on nicely.

You can stick any in your main beam though and you don't need error cancellers for main beam because it isn't canbus. I have these in mine https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Nighteye-72W...AAAOSwKltexjC9 They turn unlit roads into daylight
                    Do these fit the insignia A facelift?

Comment

Do these fit the insignia A facelift?
                      Ah no. Sorry I took it you had a B too. Forgot. Your options are a bit better because A facelifts have projectors. You need 9012 bulb fittings not H7 but no matter what you put in, they have a perfect cut off. You also only need one set of bulbs because dipped and main are use the same bulb. A metal flap lifts when you flash your lights of turn on main beam.

The only issues you can have is having enough room behind the bulb to fit the cover on. If you buy an led kid look for something above 8000 lumens per set. Higher lumens is better light output on the road.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Ah no. Sorry I took it you had a B too. Forgot. Your options are a bit better because A facelifts have projectors. You need 9012 bulb fittings not H7 but no matter what you put in, they have a perfect cut off. You also only need one set of bulbs because dipped and main are use the same bulb. A metal flap lifts when you flash your lights of turn on main beam.

The only issues you can have is having enough room behind the bulb to fit the cover on. If you buy an led kid look for something above 8000 lumens per set. Higher lumens is better light output on the road.
                        Thanks mate, I’m looking for a set now ready for when I pick the car up on Monday.

Comment

MattG

can you donate your £50 spec savers voucher to marko301 please???

Comment

MattG

It might take more than £50 to sort those eyes out.

I’ve been looking for a set of the novsight or night eyes but none seem to be compatible with the sig A FL, anyone using them and know where to get them as eBay is doing my nut now?

Comment

MattG

It's when you're in a discussion regarding one insignia type of and someone joins halfway through with another. You can forget to check we're talking about the same lights.

Comment

Working...
                              X