Service vehicle soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service vehicle soon

How do I get this to go off.car was fully serviced.guessing there's a routine to do

Originally posted by satumashirt611 View Post
    How do I get this to go off.car was fully serviced.guessing there's a routine to do
    It means there is a current fault. Need to have codes read. Maybe old code needing reset.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
      It means there is a current fault. Need to have codes read. Maybe old code needing reset.
      OK.met another guy with a insignia.he suggested getting it to main dealer and updating the software.said he done it and car drove better and cleared a few faults too.I kinda thought it was clearing the codes that improved it but don't know

Comment

As said,the ecu has detected a fault,need a good code reader to see what the fault is and to repair/delete the code.
        Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

The message is confusing as it does not indicate what is happening, nor any particular urgency. I've had this for a few months now (started soon after last service) and Vauxhall asked for £80 just to read the codes... so I used my code reader but it did not show anything, clearing all codes made it disappear for a day. I recently had somehting done at a local garage and they read all codes with a better reader than mine and still nothing came up, clearing did not help either, but one of the guys said that Vauxhall has such "warning" when a major service is due, could that be true?
          Insignia Sports Tourer 2012 - Elite Nav CDTI A (Pre Facelift). 1.9L Diesel, Nav, Xenons, auto.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane View Post
            The message is confusing as it does not indicate what is happening, nor any particular urgency. I've had this for a few months now (started soon after last service) and Vauxhall asked for £80 just to read the codes... so I used my code reader but it did not show anything, clearing all codes made it disappear for a day. I recently had somehting done at a local garage and they read all codes with a better reader than mine and still nothing came up, clearing did not help either, but one of the guys said that Vauxhall has such "warning" when a major service is due, could that be true?
            No. It has nothing to do with servicing of the car. It's saying there is a fault there. If it was a major major fault your car would go into limp mode. That doesn't mean you should ignore the message. It could be something really small at fault, or something that should be sorted sooner rather than later.

Not all code readers are equal. In fact Vauxhall cars can be a pain to read.

Find another local independent garage, should charge you no more than £30ish to read codes. If they see warning message then say no codes, present or historic are there then their code reader is not reading them.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
            X