Full Valet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Valet

Ok the sun isn’t shinning which for detailing I think is the perfect weather so I am going to give the siggy it’s first proper valet. I think it will be a lot of effort but worth every bit. I’m waiting on some clay bar lubricant to come in the post but other than that I have everything I need. So watch this space as I will post some pics when the inside or outside is done then visa versa.

Originally posted by mka306 View Post
    Ok the sun isn’t shinning which for detailing I think is the perfect weather so I am going to give the siggy it’s first proper valet. I think it will be a lot of effort but worth every bit. I’m waiting on some clay bar lubricant to come in the post but other than that I have everything I need. So watch this space as I will post some pics when the inside or outside is done then visa versa.
    Start a thread on the members car page and just add to it.....be a good read when I'm in the shitter and canny think of what to search on eBay

Comment

I never use lubricants with the clay bar. I keep a gentle pray going on the hose.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        I never use lubricants with the clay bar. I keep a gentle pray going on the hose.
        That's fine for you, but what about us atheists?
        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Spray

I used to go through a bottle of detailer using a clay bar but you get the same results if you keep water running over it. I think some of the things "professionals" tell us to use are just to part us from our cash.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            Spray

I used to go through a bottle of detailer using a clay bar but you get the same results if you keep water running over it. I think some of the things "professionals" tell us to use are just to part us from our cash.
            agree Mark,,,extra soapy suds are as good as owt for a lubricant for claying
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              agree Mark,,,extra soapy suds are as good as owt for a lubricant for claying
              Normal car wash Inna bucket is fine.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
              Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Normal car wash Inna bucket is fine.
                See.....good old Aldi magnum

Comment

Well I started the car at 9ish this morning and finished the outside at 3pm, it was given the following......

Wash & rinse using the basic turtle wax suds
                  Clay bar using a higher concentration of turtle wax
                  Washed and rinsed again
                  Chamois leather dried
                  Layer of triple wax polish
                  Autoglym window cream on inside and out
                  Megiuars tyre shine
                  Microfibre with turtle wax suds to clean sills

I will start on the interior later in the week as I'm back to work tomorrow

Before
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	D8370FE6-7A70-46D3-B21C-05DF6F702446~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	247706

After

Name:	0D2B0DC5-AAA4-4333-B5A5-C7B6CBA82B4F~2.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	247707

Name:	E21275EF-2A41-428D-ACFC-D2BC51AEBD60~2.jpg
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	247708

Name:	51B4F68B-BF68-4709-B216-12DDE88D8463~2.jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	247709

To be continued......
                  Last edited by RBH; 15-07-2020, 12:31 AM. Reason: Rotated pictures

Comment

Wow, that's looking good

Comment

Nice job
                      Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                      Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Very nice

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Birthday boy [emoji1787]

Comment

Very very nice mate

Nice wheels

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                              Start a thread on the members car page and just add to it.....be a good read when I'm in the shitter and canny think of what to search on eBay
                              Yes mate I will do, thanks for sorting my pictures, you might need to do the same when I start the new mod thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X