Insignia CDTI 130 gearbox swap from M32 to F40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia CDTI 130 gearbox swap from M32 to F40

i drive an Insignia CDTI 130 and planning to make an upgrade from the M32 box to the F40 box.
    If anyone can give me some info, would be very appreciated.
    The reason is that the box is having a very boring sound and in third gear the stick has movement.
    considering for the future to have a chip tune, with an M32 it doesn't seem the best thing to do, the F40 would be a better choice.

Get a proper stage one, much better for the car, F40 I beleive require different driveshafts, and gear linkages, I couldn't figue out what spec clutch/DMF to fit, apparently a Vectra forum had changed from M32 to F40.

M32 gearboxes on facelifts are more reliable than preface lifts as they can cool themselves much better, apparently.

My gearbox has slight movment after the M32 gearbox had it's bearing replaced a year /25k ago so hope that info helps. (I almost cracked the casing I was that close) just be afraid of the noise stops .

Comment

Hello Dennis
      You will require
      New DMF
      New clutch kit
      New CSC
      Drive shaft
      And possibly selecrot cables
      And of course 1.8 litres of gearbox oil !
      10-4 rubber gearbox!

.K.M.P.C.U
      YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

possibly driveshafts too,as im sure they have different spline patterns at gearbox end
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info, very appreciated.
          I have seen the Vectra swap, it is still available on that website the complete swap.
          Reading the messages, is it that the Vectra has the same chassis and therefor I can take all details from the Vectra mod as the same as what I am planning to do?
          The tuning would be a proper chip tune and not one of the boxes from eBay or so.

Comment

1500 quid and you can have my M32. Comes with a running insignia

Comment

Thank you for the very kind offer, .
              It is that I just 3 weeks ago had the belt and waterpump kit replaced, and the car is most certainly not bad, good enough for the next 3 years or so.
              With 110.000 miles on the counter, second owner, I believe theoretically I should be happy with the car, with the sound of owning an F40, sounds like some italian pony, doesn't it?

Comment

Frank has done a few swaps might want to ask him mate

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	247722 Spotted on Facebook if you're looking for one

Comment

It is in Manchester and me in Northern Ireland.
                    I have an agreement with a local scrapper, the only thing I need to know for sure if it has a Clutch or the flywheel, as there are some options available, I need the correct clutch set.
                    The drive shafts and set of mounts would be included with the set from my local scrapper.

Comment

Hiya, thank you for the info, and as I am looking in to what clutch will be needed, I would highly appreciate an experienced forum member advise me on the clutch.
                      As far as I understand it is pretty straight forward, although looking in to the clutch details, I decided to buy shares in a paracetamol factory.
                      The issue is that I have the details including the reg of the parts car which is a 68.000 miles old first owner A20DTH from 2009, looking in with the reg, it shows clutch parts in a wider variety then I wanted, and even some are the same as my 2010 A20DTJ has.
                      I noticed also the difference in diameter, and that doesn't make any sense at all.
                      So, where can I find Frank?

Comment

Basically the bottom end of either the 130 or 160 are the same .So the flywheel , mounting points , diameter
                        Are the same for the couch kit .
                        If you are looking on ECP or the like then you require Valium.
                        The clutch kit can even be used in the Saab 9-3 1.9 tid DT and DTH Alfa Romeo 159
                        Fiat Croma.
                        It's a Bisexual clutch kit .
                        Your best bet is to buy off either neobrothers .
                        Or a vauxhall site .
                        M32 -rubber gearbox 10-4 !

.K.M.P.C.U
                        YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Ok, that sounds plausible, but it seems that there must be some differences.
                          Looking in to the parts guides, the 130 seems to have a 240mm and the 160 seems to have a 250mm diameter clutch.
                          Well, that is what I understand from the parts guides and websites for instance when using my reg and the reg of the donor car.
                          The DMF also seem to have different parts codes as with the diameter, again the 240mm for the 130bhp against 250mm for the 160bhp.
                          The engine differences are next to nothing though, the same turbo and injectors, which confirmed for me that the only difference between the A20DTJ and the A20DTH is the ECU software and obviously the gearbox.
                          That is also why, in my opinion, with a proper ECU software upgrade, the performance by both cars are the same.

Comment

Being busy to get as much information on the needed parts as possible, and as today the gearbox will be taken from the donor car, there is still something what I am looking for.
                            Well, looking for, it is information about the clutch flywheel and pressure plate.
                            Using the Reg of the donor car on several parts website, the parts information I found is somewhat confusing.
                            The clutch seems, depends on the brand, option is 240mm and 250mm.
                            It even seems that the very same 240mm clutch is the same as with the M32 box.
                            Now this is 10mm, which is about the size of 10mm, , but is it indeed a size difference or is it a marketing difference?
                            I can imagine a clutch can have more torque with a slightly larger disc, but 10mm, well, if any one can give me some info, I would be grateful.
                            The question is, fitting the F40 box, what clutch is needed.

Comment

Maybe information might be better if you ask Vauxhall and use the vin?

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X