Oil pick up seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil pick up seal

Hi all. Had the siggy for a few months now. I have not yet had the seal done, but have seen the advice on here, and see more and more insignias advertised as breaking due to engine seized. My local garage won't do, id rather not pay Vauxhall prices and I live in Chatham I gave a 2010 cdti sri 120bhp. Love the car, but that seal is a sword art of Damocles over my head and probably the reason I got a good deal! I don't mind a bit if a drive and f it's worth it, but may struggle to justify hundreds of miles to the Mrs

Smashing car apart from that. I've not had any warning lights yet, but better safe than han sorry. Is it a hard job, and what's it likely to cost?

Google mb motors keighley. He’s the man Togo go frank knows these cars and is the only place I’d take a siggy to

Comment

Originally posted by Samyam View Post
      Google mb motors keighley. He’s the man Togo go frank knows these cars and is the only place I’d take a siggy to
      Thanks for the suggestion.
      I think ive seen him mentioned on here a few times and being highly recommended, unfortunately I'd be looking at a 9 hour round trip not including the actual work, so if I can find someone a bit more local I'd prefer that. It may come to that though.

Comment

Originally posted by Thelonespud View Post
        Thanks for the suggestion.
        I think ive seen him mentioned on here a few times and being highly recommended, unfortunately I'd be looking at a 9 hour round trip not including the actual work, so if I can find someone a bit more local I'd prefer that. It may come to that though.
        Members have travelled from as far as northern Scotland to get it done at Frank's.....as his reputation is 2nd to none.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          Members have travelled from as far as northern Scotland to get it done at Frank's.....as his reputation is 2nd to none.
          Hmmm, maybe worth the journey. Does anyone know how much it's going to cost or have Frank's details?

Comment

Hmmm, maybe worth the journey. Does anyone know how much it's going to cost or have Frank's details?
            MB MOTORS

£200 for the job.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200715-181419.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	247727

Comment

Or full service pack new cambelt etc £450

Comment

Took the overwhelming advice, and the 4.5 hour drive from Kent this morning, and the car is in franks hands as we speak. Thanks for all the replies. Now off to wratherspoons I think...

Comment

Took the overwhelming advice, and the 4.5 hour drive from Kent this morning, and the car is in franks hands as we speak. Thanks for all the replies. Now off to wratherspoons I think...
                  Brilliant mate.........you wont regret it.
                  Let us know how you get on

Comment

He will have it done in no time, cracking fella who knows these cars inside out - - Dave

Comment

All done, and he is as good as people say he is. Frank had it done in no time, and for a fraction of the cost that Vauxhall wanted. Well worth a 4hr drive to save that kind
                      of money, and I went for a blatt on the moors after to put it through it's paces after. I agree with the recommendations

Comment

All done, and he is as good as people say he is. Frank had it done in no time, and for a fraction of the cost that Vauxhall wanted. Well worth a 4hr drive to save that kind
                        of money, and I went for a blatt on the moors after to put it through it's paces after. I agree with the recommendations
                        That's one thing mate, we won't give anyone a bad recommendation on here.
                        people have travelled the length n breadth of the country to go to Frank......that's testimony to his ability and workmanship.

Glad your happy mate.....and now you've got peace of mind

Comment

Working...
                        X