X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Rear camera into itelllink system facelift insignia

This is how I Install Rear camera into itelllink system facelift insignia

Get a cup of coffee

Remove the two side trims that run along centre console that run up to the radio they will pull of

Remove ashtray then pull the main ashtray cover off there is 2 clips at the bottom of it beware

Then remove the black or wood trim that runs over the glove box and the small one on the other side best way I got them of was start with glove box side open the glove box then at end near door pull trim out and work a long when you get to the bottom it is hooked in just lift up just do the same on other side

Then remove glove box 4 bolts holds it on you have to remove the end cover to get to 1 of the bolt

Now hard bit the screen

There is 2 bolts 8mm below the screen left and right side remove them then I pulled from the side above the bolt hole the screen will move a bit work a round the screen and it will un clip from the dash then you have to un clip the rest work down I used panel remover tool to un clip they are hard to get out when that is done you will need to remove all the plugs and yes there is a lot of them

in the picture above??in the vary is top plug which does the switches like park sensor and so then there is two under that??one, this is were you??plug your cables to the interface box as it is a loop wire

this is just just help see the clips that hold to the dash

I then started the wiring and the location of the video box that I found drivers side to be the best place for the box because one of the cables you have do is vary short

I then ran rest of the cables to n/side with the factory loom??

I had yellow wire which needs to be live all the time used a piggy back fuse into the glove box fuse

Red wire needs to be acc live again used piggy back fuse

black is earth which I found a good point which is under the side trim which runs from the front to back doors

Then you to run two cables to the back of the car

\Cam live and video cable

I ran them in with factory loom into the boot

What I then did was put the car back together when you have done that I tested all the buttons to make sure they were working ok when happy I connect the cam live cable to the camera and earth cable to the car and connect the reverse cable to the battery and watch sat nav show picture

I have spent 16 hours just doing this camera will be put in next weekend

hope this help
    Last edited by marko301; 25-08-2016, 06:41 AM.

Where do the cables plug into on the back of the screen. You really need to use the IMG codes from ph*****cket so we don't have to keep clicking through.

Comment

If you look at the 4 picture you see were the plugs go in

ralby This the first time i have done this i did not know about IMG CODES FROM ph*****cket??i have put it right for you now

Comment

jem where did you put the interface box?

Comment

I found that I had to fit my box on the drivers side up the top

so were you put it on gloveboxs side but on drivers side because the usb cable comes from the loom feeds from the drivers side

Comment

Very good write up and I was considering having a go at this myself but it looks far far to technical for me so think I will need to pay someone to do it now!! More cost! Lol
            sigpic

Comment

Get a vary small flat blade screwdriver push in on the top and pull out plug

Comment

Last edited by marko301; 25-08-2016, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Have you got it out now

Comment

is it just me or are the pictures not displaying for everyone?

Comment

ive not got any pics at all on any page

Comment

Well done guys for getting the pics on
                        thanks

Comment

No problem. The initial site copy didn't pick up the photos so we need to add them manually. We will get around to adding them to all the how 2s.
                          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Is there a like or thanks button anywhere

Comment

i remember watching this thread on ie site but there was different pics where somebody added to jems posts but did it differently and only removed the top section of the screen ie not the heater controls etc have tried looking for it but cant find it now am sure it was either cmor or bad-melt but i could be wrong does anybody else have a link to the pics i am talking about? as this is a mod i plan on doing as soon as we get a good weather weekend in manchester

Comment

Working...
                              X