Super vs Premium unleaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super vs Premium unleaded

I use v power diesel, so if you get a small improvement on performance and better mpg.then surly this is better for the engine!
    sigpic

Like KarloSRI said a tank every so often will help to keep things clean. I run a tank every 2nd month & it keeps the car running smooth.

Comment

So on that basis,using it all the time will have the benefit of a 'cleaner' engine.

And not soiled by cheaper fuel.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah it most likely does. I do it because I was using a fuel treatment every couple of months & a mechanic friend said that running a tank of super will do the same job and be marginally cheaper, also I'm forgetful sometimes so it was easier to just pick up the other pump

Comment

I didn't notice any performance difference when I ran my Biturbo on V-Power Nitro diesel. But it was noticeably quieter, and DPF regens seemed less frequent.

I run the 2.0iT on V-Power Nitro petrol. In my opinion, using the highest available octane rating is much more critical for supercharged petrol engines.

I know that the ECU can adapt to whatever grade of fuel is used, and that this engine is designed to run on 95 octane. I just feel that using a premium grade gives greater protection under all conditions.
          Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

Opinions/ facts please on the effect that the "cleaner burn" in premium fuels have on the DPF???Do the reduce the production of particulates?

Dave

Comment

Working...
            X