Leaky rear screen hatchback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaky rear screen hatchback

Abit of a thread revival here.....rather that than start a new thread on same subject!!

Just noticed mine has the drip this morning....took the inside trim out and was going to take the rear washer jet out and silicone around it but i cant work out how to get it out....can anyone advise please?

Thanks

dangliballs, on 04 May 2013 - 06:46 PM, said:
    If you shine a torch up into the hole you will see a clip on the washer jet which holds it onto the car body work, you need a small flat bladed screw driver to push the clip in so the washer slides out.

Vauxhall have released a revised washer jet which clips in better, it's only around ?2.50 from your dealer so worth replacing.

Cheers thanks

Comment

What an absolute sod they are to get out....managed it eventually, cleaned up, small bead of silicone round it and refit, fingers crossed it stops the leak

Comment

Update:

It appears to be sorted, no drips since

Comment

Hmm, the rear washer in my replacement decided to start leaking in a couple of weeks ago, so i whipped the washer out, cleaned round it and siliconed it and put it back.....leaking again!, so did it all again, used more silicone, put it back and it's still doing it, what the actual f*ck is going on? could it be gettng in through between the seal and the body of the washer rather than between the seal and the car body?

and does anyone have the part number for the modified washer?

Thanks

Comment

Could it be the pipe has a leak?

Comment

Lance, on 15 January 2014 - 06:48 PM, said:
              Could it be the pipe has a leak?

I don't think so, as its just water.

smig64, on 15 January 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:
              I got the new washer the other day all sorted it clips at the front and rear rather than the sides

Sounds alot better.

andyellis111, on 15 January 2014 - 09:51 PM, said:
              Yep I'm picking mine up tomorrow

Great, can you pass the part number on when you get it please Andy?

Comment

I've just collected my new revised fitment rear washer jet and managed to get it fitted inbetween the rain....lets see if it sorts the leak.

I have to say it didnt feel as if it fitted very tightly, but it doesnt move around like old one did.

Comment

Good stuff Andy

I would also advise anyone who has a leak at the moment and is about to sort it, or anyone who has just sorted it, to remove the side trims where the parcel shelf hangers clip onto, as they have bits inside that fill with the water that leaks in and cause the car to steam up (i was surprised how much came out of them when i took mine off).....I'm also going to remove the carpeted trim where the hatch handle is as that will be damp inside too....when i work out how to get it off.

Comment

andyellis111, on 28 January 2014 - 05:07 PM, said:
                    Yeah I thought that too mate but the seal is much more "attached" to the car

I haven't had a leak at all yet, despite the recent grim weather

All seems ok with mine too, 3 days of heavy rain and no drip inside the car

Comment

I may of scrolled right past it but did anyone post the revised jet part number?

Comment

Just go in and ask for the revised rear washer jet for the insignia, worked for me.

Comment

Does the rubber trim look flush all the way around the washer jet?

Comment

Yea, clip might be slightly damaged

Comment

Working...
                            X