Golf R common as dog muck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf R common as dog muck!

I drive for a living and i see more of these than new siggys. As you said, mainly guys in their 20`s thinking they are F1 drivers..
    I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

There was a massive amount of them came to the market cheap as one particular lease company tried to put private buys through as company and had to cancel 1500 already ordered and being built Rs. You can get them as a company car with certain well known lease companies for 3 months down and 215 a month. That's a lot of car for not a lot of dough!! If you had the chance to get one at that price you'd do it. I know I would.

Comment

I've got at least 6 mates that own them. Pretty common cars tbh. 3 of them are APR tuned and they are pretty quick.

Comment

Think a certain member on here who has one would beg to differ!

Comment

In my price range the Audi A3 outweighed the Golf by a country mile. Not to say I don't like the Golf but to get the trim level I wanted was more expensive than the A3 Sport I've got. I'd love an R but with the DSG box. Used to drive my mates VR6. Brilliant car. He had his dropped with BBS multi-spokes on it. Nearly bought it off him when he moved to an S3. Yes, the Rs are becoming common place but they are still awesome cars, end of discussion. The only Siggy that gets anywhere near it is the VXR but it's worse on fuel and higher tax and insurance. I love the VXR by the way. However, until VX bring out a much improved auto I won't be back. There was talk of a dual-clutch auto similar to the DSG or ford power shift (which has its faults) but nothing has come out and nothing mentioned about future use. Until then I'll stick to S-Tronic or DSG.

Comment

What are they attached too?

Comment

You're lucky if there is 1mm panel gaps on my A3. It's tight as.

Comment

Working...
              X