Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No spare wheel, jack, and wheel key ?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No spare wheel, jack, and wheel key ?....

I have the space saver wheel and jack, and the emergency repair stuff as a backup but have also just bought this:

http://www.amazon.co...7986871_TE_item

which would be just as quick to repair as change the wheel.

How to video:

https://www.youtube....h?v=Sk8aLZMS94g
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

0011728, on 22 April 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:
    which would be just as quick to repair as change the wheel.

Hardly. You have to remove the wheel anyway, just to find the hole. Assuming you have a spare, it will be far quicker to swap it over, than it would take to ream and plug the hole. These plugging kits have severe limitations on how they can be used too.
    Elite ST 2.0i Auto. Power Red With All The Toys

Comment

CHUDLEIGHPAUL, on 22 April 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:
      I have doubts about the legality of these kits. Similar kits were popular many years ago, but were suddenly withdrawn after blow outs caused accidents. I certainly would not use one.

bump,i did not know these were still around,definitly would not risk one.

Comment

CHUDLEIGHPAUL, on 22 April 2015 - 03:44 PM, said:
        I have doubts about the legality of these kits. Similar kits were popular many years ago, but were suddenly withdrawn after blow outs caused accidents. I certainly would not use one.

This would only be used as a temporary repair in an emergency to get me to a safe place where the tyre could be inspected and repaired permanently (if possible). And as a tempoprary repair you should stick to safe speeds, similar to that if you were using a space saver, or made a temporary repair with the gunk. It is not meant to be used as a permanent repair!

The advantage of this is that if the tyre is repairable, then you can have it repaired. Whereas I am led to believe if you use the emergency gunk then regardless if the tyre could be repaired because of the little damage, because the gunk has been used you need a new tyre which when you have 19" or 20" tyres could mean a lot of money.

No doubt someone will correct me soon if I am wrong.
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
        X