Another MPG post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another MPG post

I've got an auto 160 CDTI and average around 38 mix of A roads and urban. My mate has same car as your's and is sitting on 48 mpg average but with a lot of motorway driving. 30 is low even for urban driving. Are you thrashing it or not changing up quick enough? My dad has a habit of sitting in 3rd at 35-40 mph instead of bumping it up the gears?

As Andy says 265 for ?40 indicates mid 40's mpg

I get 35-60 with 35 being all town driving, 30 may be right for v. short journeys ie 2.5 mile trips - but if you do this a lot you may end up with dpf issues.

Comment

Graemel41, on Jun 19 2012, 08:58 PM, said:I'm only going by what the average MPG reading says. Everytime I reset the computer it changes from the 30.2 MPG to now 35.6 MPG. Does the computer not reset to zero. My astra twintop reset to zero. Now i'm even more confused.

Unlike the Astra when you reset the av. mpg it defaults to something like 35.4 or 35.6.

Obviously the ?40/265 miles range thing is dependant on what was already in the tank before filling, but if your doing 2.5 mile trips i wouldn't be surprised at 30 mpg - the engine isn't even getting up to temp at his distance.

Comment

Travelling at 70 for about 50 miles steady you should see 50 + mpg! Let us know how you get on!

Comment

Be prepared for an near empty to fill approaching ?100! Big tanks!

Comment

I'm driving down to Manchester on Saturday and brimmed the tank today from 34 to empty. Took ?85.78. That's ?9 cheaper than when I last brimmed it from near empty. Diesel has come down and it was 130.7 a litre. Showing 555 range but I'm expecting much more than that once I hit the motorway!

Comment

Scotty, on Jun 28 2012, 02:36 PM, said:I'm driving down to Manchester on Saturday and brimmed the tank today from 34 to empty. Took ?85.78. That's ?9 cheaper than when I last brimmed it from near empty. Diesel has come down and it was 130.7 a litre. Showing 555 range but I'm expecting much more than that once I hit the motorway!

Was that 130.7 using a supermarket voucher?

Ain't seen it any lower than 135.9 in/around Paisley area.

Comment

No voucher. Asda in Blantyre next to where I teach has it at 130.7. Local tesco in Bellshill has it at 131.5. Think it will come down a lot more over the next few weeks. I can see 120-125 a litre within the month of July. A barrell is at a 18 month low!!

Comment

+1 but going down south in a auto!!

Comment

Excellent mate. Knew it would go up!!

Comment

Back from my holiday and my trip down south to catch the flight. As usual the siggy was faultless on the long journey and comfortable, although my back is still buggered!

Over 456 miles the siggy returned 41 mpg. Might seem low but I was never under 80 mph, sorry to the boys in blue on here, car had 4 people and fully loaded with 3 suitcases and 4 bags! Still showing 188 miles till empty so around 640 to the tank.

Personally I'm happy with that. An empty car with just me could up the mpg drastically over the same difference so happy camper!

Comment

Working...
                      X