X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Pin Replacement

According to an advert on eBay:-

(item number 151658650688)

"EASY TO FIT - JUST UNSCREW THE BLACK PLASTIC PIN, AND SCREW THE ALUMINIUN ONE IN PLACE."

Shame he can''t spell Aluminium though

They are on pretty tight. I used a cloth and pliers to start them moving when I replaced mine.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

OK no problem. Another way might be to stick a sticky pad (something like number plate tape) around them or a piece of cycle intertube to give you grip. They're slippery little things to get hold of when they're tight.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Definitely threaded

One tip top help you get hold of them is to open the window so you can get a grip on them from maybe a different angle

I changed mine without the need for tools

The ones I have are bare Ali and they do tend to go a little dull after a while so I cleaned them up and sprayed them with clear lacquer to see if they stay a little brighter

Comment

Liquidator, on 12 May 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:
          The use of "pliers" fills me with dread Sir. An unimaginable number of things are likely to go wrong??...

May just stick with valve caps for the time being

Be careful with the valve caps....brother in law got some god awful things to put on his tyre valves and ended up with them somehow welded onto the tyre valves when he went to check his tyre pressures one day!

Comment

I had some gorgeous valve caps once, they looked the dogs danglies, but they seized and I had to hacksaw them off, never again.

Comment

Working...
            X