Poor DAB Radio reception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor DAB Radio reception

Just catching up on this, I know dab reception is patchy, five live on mw is crap! Asked the stealers about it, and the dab unit costs ?235. It requires fin aerial, already fitted, and appears to be a connector fit for the rear of the head unit. They said biggest issue is the dash has to come out to fit it. Though one of their techs said he can do it without removing the whole thing. May require some more research!

Huttoftnick, on 11 October 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:
    Just catching up on this, I know dab reception is patchy, five live on mw is crap! Asked the stealers about it, and the dab unit costs ?235. It requires fin aerial, already fitted, and appears to be a connector fit for the rear of the head unit. They said biggest issue is the dash has to come out to fit it. Though one of their techs said he can do it without removing the whole thing. May require some more research!

No problems with DAB reception for me.??Fine around Louth area and same in Grimsby and Lincoln.??Haven't been over your way yet but my old man lives in Mablethorpe and he has no complaints about the DAB reception.

Comment

I don't have DAB on my 2011 sports tourer. I have to agree that FM reception is very poor. After my previous ford Mondeo it's like stepping back 20 years with the constant buzz ad crackle. I normally listen to the radio over the interest through my iPhone as the FM becomes too annoying after a few miles !

Comment

Martyn, do you mean the tourer tailgate window or the small rear quarter light??

Thanks

Comment

I've just discovered that most of the poor radio reception appears to have been caused by a griffin dual USB charging adaptor that was plugged in the main auxiliary power socket.

When I remove this 90% of the interference is gone. It even causes interference with nothing plugged in and charging. Can anyone recommend a better USB adaptor that doesn't cause interference?

Comment

My Belkin Bluetooth charger has the same effect, When its plugged in I loose some of the DAB stations and reception of others go, I have it when needed plugged in the rear socket behind the centre arm rest, so it lays on the rear transmission tunnel when not in use as I like to listen to the radio, if phone rings its a quick plug in and phone picks up instantly.
            Live to ride, Ride to live

Comment

Working...
            X