Clutch and DMF on 2.0T Petrol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch and DMF on 2.0T Petrol

Have you shopped around? I paid about ?650 for full clutch kit + dmf fitted on my old car.

Have you shopped around? I paid about ?650 for full clutch kit + dmf fitted on my old car.

Comment

That sounds a very good deal. Quotes from dealers will be over 1500 quid. My father in law got his changed on his C5 and cost 1600 just for the DMF and Clutch.

Comment

That sounds a very good deal. Quotes from dealers will be over 1500 quid. My father in law got his changed on his C5 and cost 1600 just for the DMF and Clutch.

Comment

I wouldn't do the solid flywheel conversion, you may have to replace gearbox in the long run if you do
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I wouldn't do the solid flywheel conversion, you may have to replace gearbox in the long run if you do
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

It's your call on flywheel,dmf is there to prevent torque stressing on the gearbox,I would change like for like if it was my car. Can't speak about uprated clutch but it wouldn't do any harm to put an uprated one in imo

Comment

It's your call on flywheel,dmf is there to prevent torque stressing on the gearbox,I would change like for like if it was my car. Can't speak about uprated clutch but it wouldn't do any harm to put an uprated one in imo

Comment

I looked into SMF vs DMF, the whole point of DMF is to damper the vibration to the gearbox, if a SMF is fitted there is a possibility it will shake the gearbox apart, something to think about. Some people have had the conversion with success and some haven't, depends if you want to take that gamble.

Comment

I looked into SMF vs DMF, the whole point of DMF is to damper the vibration to the gearbox, if a SMF is fitted there is a possibility it will shake the gearbox apart, something to think about. Some people have had the conversion with success and some haven't, depends if you want to take that gamble.

Comment

Working...
                    X