Plasti dip grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasti dip grill

Looking to plasti dip the bottom slats on the grill leaving the top chrome one, has anyone else done it ? Pics ?
    209bhp 508nm

Well documented in various threads including one with a similar title to yours

Comment

Wrapped instead
      209bhp 508nm

Comment

Looks much better than all silver. Good job
        sigpic

Comment

Very nice. Wish i had the balls to do mine.
          I want to go out of this world the way i came in...kicking and screaming and covered in somebody elses blood...

Comment

Is there any idiots guide to doing this please

Comment

Lff64, on 14 June 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:
              Is there any idiots guide to doing this please

I hope there is too. I'd love to do mine but have no idea where to start!

Comment

Plasti dip is not hard. I had a quick go one afternoon but didn't take enough care masking up and when I took tape off it lifted a wee bit of the plasti dip as well. The good thing is if you screw it up the plasti dip just comes away easily so you can't really do any damage, I would give it a go.

Comment

Before and after wrapping my grille I think this was the third attempt but this is the end result and I think it looks ok

Comment

Rich17, on 23 May 2015 - 09:40 PM, said:
                    Mines also wrapped...

Oooo I like the shiney wrap. Can you explain how you did it and where you got the wrap from please? Is it a bumper off job?

Comment

It took a few attempts to be honest I had never done it before , I found the best way to do it is to make a template out of card and then use this to cut out a piece of the wrap first then you can fit it to the car

I didn't take my bumper off

The main problem I had was the shape of the slats they are not straight they turn upwards and back which creases the wrap right in the middle and these are a bugger to get rid of if at all take it slowly and watch out for air bubbles

I got the wrap from Amazon

I can't do a link but the stuff I brought is TIS matte black air drain and the size is 1520mm x 300 @£4.95 which is enough to do the three slats I ended up buying three lots due to the first two attempts failing but it comes off no problem so it's easy to try again

I would say it's best to use the smallest section you can so it is easy to handle buy some and have a go it's not hard but expect a mishap on the first attempt

Comment

Just an update on this I had to remove the wrap from the grille.

Maybe it was my attempt at at wrapping and doing something wrong but the film started to crack and split showing the chrome through it so I removed it and sprayed it

To be honest I think it is much easier to spray compared to wrapping and the cost ends up being about the same

Comment

Lff64, on 09 December 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:
                          Just an update on this I had to remove the wrap from the grille.

Maybe it was my attempt at at wrapping and doing something wrong but the film started to crack and split showing the chrome through it so I removed it and sprayed it

To be honest I think it is much easier to spray compared to wrapping and the cost ends up being about the same

I am thinking of plasticote,do you have a pic of the finished item please?cheers sandy

Comment

NeilT, on 31 December 2015 - 12:42 AM, said:
                            Here's mine after I plasti dipped it

hi neil,thanks for the pic,looks really good,nice smooth finish,after masking did you just spray onto the chrome?

Comment

Thats my favorite combination Neil, leaving the chrome looks good and unless you have removed the rest of it gives the car a fresh look

Comment

Working...
                              X