Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facelift Stereo Removal?

Hi

Whilst fitting some anti rattle trim tape today I though I'd try and get the stereo out so I knew what to do for when I fit my sub. The screen comes out easily enough, but there are no screws holding the lower ventilation part and I cannot see how it comes out. Has anyone done this get?

BTW, the trim tape was a success, I think. Before I had lots of creaks around the centre dash and centre console/cupholder area. Time tape around all the edges has cured most of the noise.

Cheers

Andy

I can't remove it, that's what I said in the OP mate. I cannot see what's holding the front facia on (where the heater controls are).

Comment

look at the bottom of the picture

Comment

So it is only clipped in? Just the 4 brass clips? Really didn't want to come out, I thought my plastic trim tool was gonna snap LOL and the trim itself was bending. Now I know where the clips are though I can prise it from there. Thanks for the photo mate

Gonna try and tackle the sub install on Sunday all being well. Just need to figure out the rear speaker wires from the stereo .

Comment

Hi

The screen and HVAC are separate units. Take the screen out first, then the ashtray. it comes out pretty easily with trim tools. The HVAC is tough though, but with the screen and ashtray out you can grab it top and bottom and pull. You may find clips are left in the dash, You'll need to remove then and put them back on the HVAC panel lugs.

Cheers

Andy

Comment

Sorry to resurrect this one but I'm struggling to remove my fascia trim and I hope someone can post a photo of where it is attached please.

I've removed the ashtray and the trim to the left and right of the unit. I've removed 4x 7mm hex screws and I've run a trim tool all around the edges. I've also tugger at the unit with an awful lot of effort but nothing seems to move. I've seen the odd you tube video where the unit just seems to pop out. I've seen other that refer to 4x philips scres that hold the unit in.

I'm installing a Tesla style head unit (TTF1983) from Icebox, it's the android 8 with 4G ram and 64G rom. My 2015 Elite has sat nav and this seems to be the only style of head unit that will support Insignias with factory sat nav.

Thanks in advance

Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Argy View Post
              Sorry to resurrect this one but I'm struggling to remove my fascia trim and I hope someone can post a photo of where it is attached please.

I've removed the ashtray and the trim to the left and right of the unit. I've removed 4x 7mm hex screws and I've run a trim tool all around the edges. I've also tugger at the unit with an awful lot of effort but nothing seems to move. I've seen the odd you tube video where the unit just seems to pop out. I've seen other that refer to 4x philips scres that hold the unit in.

I'm installing a Tesla style head unit (TTF1983) from Icebox, it's the android 8 with 4G ram and 64G rom. My 2015 Elite has sat nav and this seems to be the only style of head unit that will support Insignias with factory sat nav.

Thanks in advance

Russell
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200112_094926490.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	244353

Dash just pulls off

Comment

Put a right angle trim tool in at the top of the display and edge it out.
                Ones up, pull display from top and remove it....remove the plugs.
                This will leave the heater control panel.
                With a flat trim tool, prise it from either side.
                This is held in place by 4 or 6 strong clips.
                Pull out and remove plugs....sorted.

Comment

Here?

I've just snapped one tool and it's marking the dash surround

Name:	Fascia removal.jpg
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	244354

Comment

If you can get a grip with your fingers just pull its robust and comes away
                    The Reaper. Carbon Flash 2015 insignia Sri. Lowered, hybrid turbo 251.3bhp 554nm. Twin exhaust.

Comment

Is it held in with spring clips in these 4 places (Originally posted by Lewish)

Name:	fascia 2.jpg
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	244355

Comment

OK,

That was a lot more leverage than I had been expecting. I used a heavy duty metal trim tool which I knocked in behind the trim around where the top circled notches are and managed to lever it loose. After that a great deal of tugging got it all the way out. Thanks to all for the input. Stand by for more ����

Name:	15793538147054775003530843078951.jpg
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	244356

Comment

Sorry buddy.....fitting new drop links to mine.
                          Looks like you've found the answers .

Comment

Working...
                          X