Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whirring noise when plugging in seatbelt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whirring noise when plugging in seatbelt?

Hi

Just wondered if anyone knew what the whirring noise (similar to the handbrake engage/release) is when I plug my seatbelt in? Happens every time.

Car is a 64 plate, TBH it sounds like the handbrake but it's not as I release the handbrake after and they whir and release.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Ejector seat winding up?
    sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

You don't need the clutch in for it to pre-release. It does it just on the seatbelt & then a bit more with the clutch

Comment

Never noticed it on clutch but, as above, it is the electric handbrake just getting ready to release.

Comment

Thanks for the replys

Comment

pfranks, on 20 June 2015 - 11:44 PM, said:
            I have a different idea. I think the sound is the in-tank fuel lift pump pressurising the line. Dont actually start then engine. If you shut off the ignition again and then on a few times without touching the parking brake the sound occurs every time. If it was the brake it would be well released after a few tries!

But it happens with the engine running too, meaning the pump would already be primed.

Believe it to be handbrake personally, sure it's mentioned in the manual too.

Comment

It is the handbrake, it's nowt to do with the fuel pump
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Can't be the fuel pump as the car is started already.

Comment

Working...
                X