How to Remove Steering Wheel / Airbag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Remove Steering Wheel / Airbag

Just got myself a vx line wheel but one of the buttons are damaged so need to change. Done this before on my standard wheel and was easy but on the vx line one I havent a clue... Does anyone know??thanks
    sigpic

All sorted. More or less same as standard wheel
    sigpic

Comment

I need to fit mine tomorrow, looking at the how to it looks like you need to turn the wheel one way to do the clip on the airbag then turn the other way. Will this be possible if the battery is disconnected or will the steering lock not go on? Or would I unclip the airbag then straighten the wheel, disconnect then wait half an hour before undoing the plugs? I need to fit my controls onto the new wheel as well which I m hoping is easy as my new wheel only has one red plug on it.

Comment

I've just bought the airbag release tool. All the videos say disconnect the battery but like you I wonder how to turn the steeling wheel if the steering lock comes on. Is it a matter of the key still releases it with no power?

Comment

Yes. It's just much harder to move

sigpic

Comment

I tried to release it earlier with the battery connected. I only got as far as the horn went every time I touched the steering wheel after attempting release. After reading Pondy81's input I'll try again tomorrow with the battery disconnected. I had to push the horn hard to make sure the airbag engaged again.

Comment

Yeah don't do that, your lucky the airbag didn't go off.

sigpic

Comment

Once disconnected leave for about 10 mins as well before you start.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X