HELP! Engine temp sensor and coolant sensor advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Engine temp sensor and coolant sensor advice

Had today the warning light... "Engine overheating - turn off now" error code was P2428 - exhaust gas sensor.

Now I have read up today and this appears to be one of many things. Heard it could be coolant sensor and engine temp sensor. (I assume these are different )

Looked on eBay and can get these both for just under ?20.

Can someone explain if I can change these myself and if so can you explain how to. With pics would be great. Thanks all.

Any other advice on the engine overheating would be good also
    sigpic

Anyone?
    sigpic

Comment

Guessing no one has done it themselves

Comment

Would of thought someone would have. Can anyone point me in the direction of where these even are?
        sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a software issue ?
          209bhp 508nm

Comment

I have read it is fixed by a software update as well but that appears to be for the newer cars. Mine is a 2009 so not sure this would work. Plus before I got the car the dpf was removed and ecu re programmed for this. If I take to vx for this update this would then take the dpf removal off wouldn't it??
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, think you are right about the re map and DPF I am not sure where the sensors are either sorry ;(
              209bhp 508nm

Comment

No worries. Think I know where one is, Or both as I still am unsure if these are the same or diffent
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X