Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine Overheated! Out of Warranty - Garage claiming new engine needed? HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Overheated! Out of Warranty - Garage claiming new engine needed? HELP!

As above. Ask for fault codes first.

This error happened to me on Sunday. My coolant did not leak out though and once I cleared the error code of P2428 the car started again. When you / garage are trying to start the car is the error still showing? Should show just with ignition on?
    sigpic

Comment

As mine is 2009 I don't think would work on mine but the update could work for you. Read this thread - http://www.insignia-...=40#entry294948
      sigpic

Comment

Whoops... Sorry
        sigpic

Comment

When you opened the bonnet, was the coolant boiling? And is the temp gauge still stuck on 130? Get the codes read and reset then try it. It's possibly an issue which is getting a lot of coverage on here.

Comment

Lloyd1981, on 15 July 2015 - 12:23 PM, said:
            Hey All,

Right update...apologies for the delay I had to get the siggy towed from my local garage over to Newport VX dealer.

So on the side of the Motorway the coolant fully emptied. The car wouldn't start whatsoever.

Anyway update as of this morning it's at VX.

I've called VX and spoken to an agent who firstly advised to get a diagnosis from the above garage. If it does turn out to be a totally kaput engine then then will look at the previous services and possibly (no guarantee) offer a good will gesture.

Gentleman from the VX garage called this morning and said he can get it to start now however does sound rather judderey etc. He asked for my permission to take the top of the engine off and investigate further.

So will keep you all updated

Lloyd

Good news that it's started.

Did you have any error codes??
            sigpic

Comment

I don't envy your situation at all mate,not good at all for a 4 year old car,,,,how many mls on it?.......
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'd be going ballistic with VX if that was me. Send a strong worded letter to Tim Tozer & copy in a couple of the motoring magazines. You may find that will help things move along.

Scotty gives good advice regarding deaing with VX after all his woes with his own car.

Comment

Hi Lloyd, VX are arses to deal with as Del has said. You need to escalate your complaint to the Executive Team to start with. When mines went, still in warranty the car ended up in Luton for 6 weeks and they then said it was a characteristic of the auto box. Independent report disagreed with this but they still did nothing.

Go to CAB, Auto Express (Chris Ebbs if my memory serves me well), Honest John and the Sunday Mail The Judge. Once you draft the letter and send it to VX cc in Chris. The Sunday Mail, CAB and Trading Standards. I'll guarantee you'll get a phone call the day the email arrives. Note in it all you have done so far, your service records and where they were performed and the fact that you have already taken advice from CAB and Trading Standards.

VX Executive Team number :0844 369 0116

Chris Auto Express Email : Chris_Ebbs@dennis.co.uk

As I said detail as much as possible. Don't give up and try to get an independent inspection. There are certain car bodies that they except independent reports from like the AA etc but this will cost you.

Contact your finance company as well as they have some clout to pressure VX as they technically own the car till you pay it off.

Good luck and keep at them.

Cheers.

Scotty

Comment

Working...
                  X