No announcement yet.

Service stabilitrak diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine comes on when I park on a slope. Clears itself after a min or two though. ABS sensor changed on previous car a week after garage changed a front wheel bearing, what a coincidence.

Comment

I've replaced my near side sensor this morning, it looked ok so we'll see if that sorts the fault, if not, another will be purchased for the other side.

Mine turned out to be a PITA of a job....I couldn't get the sensor plug undone for a start, then the clip that holds it to the subframe wouldn't come out, which took me about ten minutes to lever out etc, then the bit that holds it to the back of the strut disintegrated leaving me trying to pick bits out so that the new bit could slot in!

Comment

Just to update a possible and simple fix. The wheel bearing on the hub incorporates a magnetic ring, any rusty bits coming off the brake disc or other parts may stick to it and throw the sensor off. Clean the magnetic ring first, there was plenty of little bits stuck to mine, and the issue may dissappear.

Comment

Mine come on yesterday "service Stabilitrak" is the car still OK and driveable until I get it fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyjguy View Post
            Mine come on yesterday "service Stabilitrak" is the car still OK and driveable until I get it fixed?
            Yes, no probs with driving it
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Thanks. Car still under 3 month warranty so hopefully it will be covered for that.

Comment

Was having the stabilitrak issue myself, £25 on eBay all done now, hasn't come back
                2011 2.0 cdti ecoflex excnav
                honeycomb grill, squinty eyes, custom lettering, honeycomb custom fog grills, custom lower centre grill, full black back tints, chrome door knobs, rear wiper removed, custom back badge, custom DRLs, custom diffuser, custom wing, stage 1 remap, pipercross air kit, 210bhp 440nm torque, more on the way

Comment

Working...
                X