Code 82, limp mode, code 55 - ecu not registering codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 82, limp mode, code 55 - ecu not registering codes

Could have caused some serious damage by putting 3l of oil in and running it
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

No I think that's how long they last they are not the life of the car ;( and they are dear from vx ;( that's why so many people remove them and re map the car............. Another story and a long thread
    209bhp 508nm

Comment

Thinking about what gets written on here, I don't think many need replacing before at least 100,000. As Vagman says above, DOF life is influenced by type of journey and driving style. If treated right and as long as the car doesn't have an underlying issue, the DPF should last a very long time.

Comment

Vagman it isn't always down to poor driver management. A lot of the time it is down to poor info from the dealers on how to manage a DPF. I wasn't told a single thing about it when I bought the car & it was only when I joined this forum that I became aware that they are a known issue.

The DPF will fill gradually over time because each time they do a regen a small amount of soot is left unburned & this will cause it to fill no matter what you do at regen time. You will notice the DPF is filling more when you start getting regens more and more regularly.

Mine failed because of a burst pipe & then the DPF sensor failing with no warnings or Limp mode. Nothing to do with my management or lack of knowledge.

Comment

Working...
        X