Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hnr wheel spacers

Andy_rx7, on 05 August 2015 - 08:01 PM, said:
    Got some 20mm hubcentics coming how much of he original thread do I need to trim off with the vxline 20"s thanks

About 10-15mm. I have cut mine till thread. There is end of the screw without tread.

I have 15mm spacers and the garage took about 9mm of my studs I think. I told them about 9mm as that's what other members had advised on here.
    sigpic

Comment

akasta, on 18 August 2015 - 04:37 AM, said:
      What happens if you ever want to remove the spacers? Maybe to seel the car ? Can the shortened studs be replaced with normal length ones?

Yeah you can get new studs
      sigpic

Comment

pfranks, on 05 August 2015 - 09:54 PM, said:
        A thread flush with the nut is marginal on safety. For high risk fastenings 3-4 threads is generally considered minimum without extra locking measures like Loctite. And... don't heat treat the studs by hogging them off with an angle grinder.

what do you mean about heat treat and cutting with angle grinder mate? just about to grind mine off now .

Comment

Ok thanks pal id already grinded them off before I got your reply but the ends are silver and there is no colour tinge. Also i was cooling them with a wet towel and didnt cut them in a single grind i was cutting halfway letting them cool for a couple of minutes then finishing them off.

Comment

Working...
          X