Likes Likes:  0
    Car
    Insignia Estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep same, gave up with AutoGlym now my shelf is full of Megs. No residue, car looks shiney as anything.
    Mods : 20s - AvA Miami, Hyper Silver Alloys, Aluminum Door Pins,Irmscher Grille,Maxton Splitter,Full led interior lighting,5000k HID Kit,H10 Foglamps (blue/white colour),Chrome Handles,Full Leather Interior (the car came with the SRI Cloth) The bolsters in the seats nave been coach worked and the leather re-done,VXR Side Repeater Surrounds,Smoked Side Repeaters,12" x 2 Pioneer Subwoofers running off a 1600watt Inphase Pro Amp,uprated the tweeters to boss directional tweeters, Mirror Dvr Cam,Flyeyes,Team Heko wind deflectors,Slammed - started with Eibach Springs at 30mm but the stance for me wasnt there so they were taken off and fk Street line Coilovers have finished off with the stance,Boost Gauge,Amp Gauge,Foot Plate,Brushed metal Interior door trims,Alloy Gator,Wrapped Black Gloss Roof,Engine bay Hydrodipped (Zombie playing cards & carbon fibre), also added blue conduit & silicone hose to the airbox, neon blue washers,Blue Needles in the dashboard - had the complete dashboard smd leds changed from the Red & White to Ice Blue including the mood lighting and all the switches, Xcite Custom Headlamps,ice white led internal lighting,rear window limo tinted (legal), Gel carbon fibre number plates, Irmscher Surrounds, Had Leather mats made front & Back and Boot, Black gloss Jag vents,rear badge now Holden,OBD2 multi gauge,vxr front and rear bumpers and side skirts,csr roof spoiler,forced air intake hoses in lower grille.

Car
    Sport, Sport and Motorsports. Not playing any more, Doctors orders.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Richie, AG SRP is very good at hiding swirls etc but will wash off easily if not sealed in. If you want to use SRP I'd go over car twice to three times with it working it in less every time then top it off with a coat of AG Extra Gloss protection.

I've got a Carbon Flash siggy and swirls are an everyday issue. I've just bought some Megs SwirlX which doesn't hide the swirls but gets rid of them. Will be using it with a hand polishing pad with a light cutting ability!

Have you clayed the car. He did mine last week, first time on this car and my god what a difference when applying product! Take a look at my thread 'My siggy ( if I've done it right). All results by hand. I also use Poorboys black hole and Chemical Guys Glosswork glaze if I want a really quick shine.

Ps If you use a Quick Detailer after you work in the SRP it will take away any excess and leave the paint ready to be waxed or sealed. I use Dodo Juice Purple Haze to seal the paint work after polishing and allows the car to be washed and washed again without losing the shine.

Hope this helps!

Car
    Sport, Sport and Motorsports. Not playing any more, Doctors orders.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Richie, I think the reason you never noticed the excess polish on your Astra was simply because it was white!! I have a few stone chips in the front of mine which I'm about to touch in with a colour match paint??from my local spray store!

The only polish/wax combo that I have come across is the Turtle Wax Colour Magic! Also comes with a stone chip touch up stick! It is a polish wax combo so will give you some protection. Personally I'd alway apply a top coat of wax or sealant just to lock in the work you have done.

Having said that if your car is pretty much blemish free then you'd be better clay barring the car and applying a good quality wax or sealant!