User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chrome insert on the rear right door of my new Insignia Tourer fell off.

I thought it was a nice simple job for the garage to obtain a new chrome insert but no. They tell me they have ordered up a complete new handle which will have then to be painted and then I will have to book the car in for the handle to be fitted to the car.

Surely a complete new handle is unnecessary?

Dave

Car
    Insignia Estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why not buy the over the top chrome handles that just stick with 3m onto the handles I bought a set and wow they are quality and cheap ish to, i bet heck of a lot cheaper than buying a door handle and stealers fitting it?

these are the ones i bought for mine :

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1497.l2649
    Mods : 20s - AvA Miami, Hyper Silver Alloys, Aluminum Door Pins,Irmscher Grille,Maxton Splitter,Full led interior lighting,5000k HID Kit,H10 Foglamps (blue/white colour),Chrome Handles,Full Leather Interior (the car came with the SRI Cloth) The bolsters in the seats nave been coach worked and the leather re-done,VXR Side Repeater Surrounds,Smoked Side Repeaters,12" x 2 Pioneer Subwoofers running off a 1600watt Inphase Pro Amp,uprated the tweeters to boss directional tweeters, Mirror Dvr Cam,Flyeyes,Team Heko wind deflectors,Slammed - started with Eibach Springs at 30mm but the stance for me wasnt there so they were taken off and fk Street line Coilovers have finished off with the stance,Boost Gauge,Amp Gauge,Foot Plate,Brushed metal Interior door trims,Alloy Gator,Wrapped Black Gloss Roof,Engine bay Hydrodipped (Zombie playing cards & carbon fibre), also added blue conduit & silicone hose to the airbox, neon blue washers,Blue Needles in the dashboard - had the complete dashboard smd leds changed from the Red & White to Ice Blue including the mood lighting and all the switches, Xcite Custom Headlamps,ice white led internal lighting,rear window limo tinted (legal), Gel carbon fibre number plates, Irmscher Surrounds, Had Leather mats made front & Back and Boot, Black gloss Jag vents,rear badge now Holden,OBD2 multi gauge,vxr front and rear bumpers and side skirts,csr roof spoiler,forced air intake hoses in lower grille.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies that I did not make myself clear that the car is brand new and the work is being done under warranty.

I just don't like the idea of things being taken apart unnecessarily as my previous experience has been that they they frequently are not reassembled perfectly.

Looking at the handle it is painted under where the chrome insert was which made me think that the chrome was simply clicked into place.

Dave

Car
    Insignia Estate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    had mine on over a year now and they look like new.
    Mods : 20s - AvA Miami, Hyper Silver Alloys, Aluminum Door Pins,Irmscher Grille,Maxton Splitter,Full led interior lighting,5000k HID Kit,H10 Foglamps (blue/white colour),Chrome Handles,Full Leather Interior (the car came with the SRI Cloth) The bolsters in the seats nave been coach worked and the leather re-done,VXR Side Repeater Surrounds,Smoked Side Repeaters,12" x 2 Pioneer Subwoofers running off a 1600watt Inphase Pro Amp,uprated the tweeters to boss directional tweeters, Mirror Dvr Cam,Flyeyes,Team Heko wind deflectors,Slammed - started with Eibach Springs at 30mm but the stance for me wasnt there so they were taken off and fk Street line Coilovers have finished off with the stance,Boost Gauge,Amp Gauge,Foot Plate,Brushed metal Interior door trims,Alloy Gator,Wrapped Black Gloss Roof,Engine bay Hydrodipped (Zombie playing cards & carbon fibre), also added blue conduit & silicone hose to the airbox, neon blue washers,Blue Needles in the dashboard - had the complete dashboard smd leds changed from the Red & White to Ice Blue including the mood lighting and all the switches, Xcite Custom Headlamps,ice white led internal lighting,rear window limo tinted (legal), Gel carbon fibre number plates, Irmscher Surrounds, Had Leather mats made front & Back and Boot, Black gloss Jag vents,rear badge now Holden,OBD2 multi gauge,vxr front and rear bumpers and side skirts,csr roof spoiler,forced air intake hoses in lower grille.

Car
    64 plate 163 Country Tourer Emerald Green 4x4 TMS Remap
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have just fitted these to mine they make a real difference??I like shiney

Car
    Cars, fishing, flying rc, reading and chilling :)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    slidexx01, on 30 September 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:
    Hi anyone knows if these crome door handles kits fit to facelift version.

thanx

Are you just going through every door handle thread posting the same thing? Nice way to spam the forum haha