No announcement yet.

How to fit working rear tailgate lights to a facelift Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gents... as per this how 2, I’ve gone into the brown/blue (no purple) on the passenger side & there’s nothing, anyone tell me which is the correct wire from the pic please...

I’ve done the drivers side, no issues works fine.
    Attached Files
    2016 1.4T SRi Nav (IntelliLink Navi900) S/S
    Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

• Go at it... all sorted, removed he rear lights to check the colours and traced back, simple enough
      Attached Files
      Stage 1 remap, Irmscher Style Door Pins, Full Buick Regal Grills, Badges & Airbag cover, VX Line Flat Bottom Steering Wheel (Colour coded), Custom 8' Digital Dash Cluster / Clocks, Video in Motion, VX Line Perforated Leather Seats package, Full White Interior LED's, Forge Atmospheric DV, Iridium NGK Plugs, Hardwall Hose Induction kit with Ramair JS108 Filter, Custom CNC Machined Dipstick, Custom CNC Oil, PS, Coolant & Window Washer bottle Caps, Custom Radiator Cover, 25mm Eibach Spacers (Front & Rear), VXR Brembo Calipers, EBC Camaro 355mm X 32mm solid discs & EBC Redstuff Pads, -40mm Direnza Springs, Dual Exit Exhaust, 20" Veeman VC7 Multispoke Alloys, Stainless downpipe, Elite Rear Boot Tail Lights, Heko's, Irmscher Rear Window Spoiler, Ducktail Spoiler, Full VX-Line Kit, ESC Magnetic Sump Plug, Nextbase 512GW Front & Rear Dash Cams, Reverse Cam, Removable Towbar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foz1261 View Post
        Go at it... all sorted, removed he rear lights to check the colours and traced back, simple enough
        Yeah somewhere within this thread somebody else found their wire colours didn't match the how to. Not sure if they changed the colours on later facelifts.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Boom.... all sorted
          Attached Files

Comment

• Like it, that looks good.

Comment

• Looks so much better when they're working.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Love the night shot
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                  Before I begin. This guide is based on Burgerking1972s initial completion of this mod so a big thank you to him for starting the ball rolling.

What you will need.

Two working tailgate lights, Part numbers, 39024220 for the left hand side and 39024221 for the right hand side. The price for the pair at
                  the time of writing this is �87.36 inc VAT. (Have since gone up to �106 for the pair)

Approximately 5 metres of 2 core cable, Connectors (Crimps and bullet crimps were used in this instance) and electrical tape.

Tools required

7mm socket

8mm socket

Flat blade screwdriver

Trim removal tools or other plastic makeshift tool like an old credit card.

The route of the cables in this how to will go like this,

1. Remove the securing nut from the inner tailgate handle using a 7mm socket and remove the plastic latching cover. Then working around the edges, pull
                  the carpeted cover off. The edges are secured with clips but with a bit of a yank, they pop out no problem

2. Using an 8mm socket, remove the nut on the LH light, the RH light and the 2 outer nuts securing each side of the chrome trim. Then pull the chrome
                  trim out a little to enable the removal of the lights.

3. Pull out the left and right rubber hoses at the top of the tailgate where the cables go through. They're in pretty tight but should give with a little
                  pressure to the side with a flat bladed screwdriver as you pull down. Then pull away the plastic side trims along the LH and RH sides of
                  the window (again, just yank and the clips come out).

4. Pull away the trim from the rear pillars on the passenger side and drivers side to enable the headlining to be pulled down a little. There is a rectangle
                  clip holding the trim in place. Remove it by pulling it all the way out.

5. Cut off the connectors on the lights and replace them with bullet crimps (or connectors of your choice) and refit the lights. (make sure you can still
                  see the wires. Purple (positive) and Black (negative).

6. Feed your cables through holes on either side of the window and out through the holes where you pulled the hoses from. Then attach each one to a
                  piece of wire coat hanger and thread it through the hose and into the headlining.

Now feed the left and right cables through the plastic trims on the rear pillars and into the boot. Pull back the side carpets in the boot to gain access to
                  the cables.

7. Locate the Grey/Brown cable (positive) and the black cable (negative) inside the boot near the driver's side (RHS) rear light (It's the loom of cable
                  which go through a grommet to the rear light). You may need to pull away some of the black covering to access them. (ignore the blue bullet crimp...it's
                  connecting my rear parking sensor. ) Repeat for the passenger side (LHS) this time locate the Brown/Purple (positive) and Black (negative).

Now splice into them with crimps connecting RHS Red to Grey/Brown (positive) and Black to Black (negative). LHS Red to Brown/Purple (positive)
                  and Black to Black (negative).

8. At the other end of your cables, secure them along the RH side and LH side of the window, crimp female bullet crimps to the ends and attach them to
                  the lights. (Red to Purple (positive) and Black to Black (negative).

9. (Optional) Tape up all connections with electrical tape. (I did this for added security against any connectors coming free (though bullet crimps connect
                  pretty damn tight) and also to help against chafing). Secure any loose cable and refit all trim.

10. Turn on your new lights and enjoy!
                  Brilliant my next mod

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

• Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
                    Brilliant my next mod

It don't tell you how to do the lights tho

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post

It don't tell you how to do the lights tho
                      Cunny funt will manage

Comment

• Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
                        Cunny funt will manage

No trying to be funny.....but they can be bought from VX which are around £90 the pair.

You can make your own for around a tenner....that's what I'm saying.
                        Last edited by RBH; 07-02-2021, 11:57 AM. Reason: Speeling mistooks

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post

No trying to be funny.....but they can be bought from VX which are around �90 the pair.

You can make your own for around a tenner....that's what I'm saying.
                          Ok bud I've ordered LEDs and cable will try once they arrive bud thanks

Comment

• Mod i didnt have to do,,got factory ones
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

• Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                              Mod i didnt have to do,,got factory ones
                              fud................

Comment

• Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                                Mod i didnt have to do,,got factory ones
                                Snap

P30 lite using Tapatalk

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                                Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Working...
                                X