How to fit working rear tailgate lights to a facelift Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marko301, on 21 August 2015 - 05:26 PM, said:
    Yeah, it was cmor. I think 2 or 3 members have them on order too. Germany will wonder what's going on. They'll be thinking loads of Insignias with AFL are getting arse ended in crashes. />
    I ordered My lights on Wednesday and was told they would be in on Friday when I rang them today they are now on back order and coming from Germany as the warehouse is out of stock.

Comment

Ordered my new led reversing lamps from link that Marko301 put up yesterday cheers pal, just waiting now for my mudflaps to be colour coded black and the bottom lip on rear bumper to be colour coded red.

Comment

Boot Lights Done Eventually, makes a big difference.

Comment

Nice job blanking reg no ralby ,,,,lights look good though
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yeah, not half.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Comment

exclusiv., on 26 August 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:
                Nice job blanking reg no ralby ,,,,lights look good though

Bloody Photobucket !

Comment

Welcome to the rear new boot light's club.

Comment

So the old lights can't have bulbs fitted? That's a damn shame. Has anyone tried to fit bulbs in the old housings?

Comment

Andy Thilo, on 30 December 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:
                      So the old lights can't have bulbs fitted? That's a damn shame. Has anyone tried to fit bulbs in the old housings?

Not that I know of but I suppose it's possible if someone can get the dummies open. They're pretty well sealed. I had to partially cut one of mine open to see if there were any electrics inside. After I'd fitted working ones.
                      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Geezer, on 31 December 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:
                        Sorry Me Again - Can you recommend any Bright reversing lights LED that will not cause any errors on the dashboard on my Facelift 2013 Insignia - as the ones in it are totally rubbish as I found out trying to reverse down a dark lane the other night..??Rgds Mark

I have these in mine http://m.ebay.co.uk/...776?_mwBanner=1 they're on the dear side but nice and bright with no errors. I do notice DAB reception momentarily drops out on weaker stations when I select reverse sometimes but that's a small price to pay to see where you're reversing.

I posted a photo on page 1 of this thread (4th post from bottom) to show the comparison after I'd fitted one side.

Comment

It looks like that site is coming up with the pre facelift bulbs. I just entered my details and it came up with the same as yours. They're deffo the T15 W16W 921 in the link I posted. You may find them cheaper if you look around but that's the fitting size you should be looking at for the facelift.

Comment

The headlights are HIR2 (9012).

If you're looking for brighter Halogans, you can search looking for HIR2 but if you plan on going down the HID Xenon route, you need to be searching for 9012 HID kits.

Comment

Oh...and no problem.

Don't be afraid to ask members on the forum. Theyre a great bunch and always happy to help. I only know most of what I've told you because I asked on here before I dared change stuff. As you see, bulb websites aren't always reliable for the correct fitting. It's usually best to ask those who've been there and done it.

Comment

Hi Marko301,

Im going have to change the wiring configuration on the boot light's when the weather is warmer,just realised that when you put the?? parking light on via the indicator stalk stick for right light's you get front and rear light plus both boot light's if you put indicator stalk down for left light's you get front and rear light's but no boot light's.

So going have to run another wire in from left hand rear light to left boot light so then we will have rear left light/boot light or rear right light/boot light lit via parking indicator stalk.

Hope that makes sense!

Comment

Working...
                                X