No announcement yet.

How to fit working rear tailgate lights to a facelift Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooo...never thought of that. To be honest, I never use the parking lights. In fact I can't remember ever using them in any of my cars.

I'll look into doing the same when it's warmer too. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll put a note on the how 2 when I have time over the next couple of days.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks to burgerking and marko for making this possible and making a how2.

and thanks to cmor for selling the lights to me.

Lewis.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

God dammit, this looks so good. Gonna have to order some!

Comment

Burgerking1972, on 01 January 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:
            Looks good.

It does unlike the state of the car. Bad me.

Comment

Looks great Lewis, glad to see them in use again

Comment

The how 2 has been edited to rectify the parking light issue, Burgerking found. Sorry to those who have already fitted lights. A little extra work will be needed if you use your parking lights (Explanation at the beginning of the how 2).
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Many thanks Marko301 for doing the edit to fit thee boot light's. .

Many thanks Marko301 for doing the edit to fit the boot light's. .

Comment

I don't use parking lights so I'm not going to bother but here's a morning shot

Comment

Geezer, on 02 January 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:
                      Hi Marko - Is the Wiring colours the same on the left hand side light -??grey/brown cable (positive) and the black cable (negative)??- if not the same, anybody know what the colours would be ^_^/>

I'm not sure at the moment. They should be but to be sure, before you do the passenger side, remove the passenger side rear light and check the wire colours at the loom side of the plug. The correct wire colours will marry up to the purple wire and the black wire coming from the rear of the light.

I'll check as soon as the bad weather gives.

Comment

Yeah should will be fine.

Comment

Thanks for that...I'll amend the how 2 to include the LH wire colours.

Glad you got them sorted.....another 2 fingers up to Vauxhall for only including them as part of the ridiculously priced AFL option.

Comment

marko301, on 23 January 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:
                            Glad you got them sorted.....another 2 fingers up to Vauxhall for only including them as part of the ridiculously priced AFL option.

If you think the AFL option is ridiculously priced have you seen how much the LED Matrix lights are on the new Astra..............nearly ?1600 FFS
                            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

0011728, on 23 January 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

If you think the AFL option is ridiculously priced have you seen how much the LED Matrix lights are on the new Astra..............nearly £1600 FFS

Yeah, another feature manufacturers feel the need to screw over the buyer.

Comment

well done buddy,nice of you to join the boot light club.

Comment

Working...
                                X