Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daniel.sinclair10 View Post
    First post here.

I bought a 2015 Insignia a few weeks back and have been hoping to add some subtle mods and the topic of this thread has really intrigued me. The model I have has the basic reflectors, so my first ever questions are:
    1. Has anyone yet modified the reflectors to turn them in to lights?
    2. Are the reflectors simply removed and replaced with the working lights, or would a new tailgate be required to accommodate them?
    you can buy the real working ones from Vauxhall,,fit them to your tailgate ,and wire them up
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

• Hi, they're just dummy lights. They're not reflectors. I suppose if you can get them open it might be worth trying to get LEDs inside but it's easier just to buy working lights. They fit the same as the dummy lights but you need to add the wiring as in the how 2.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Hi, they're just dummy lights. They're not reflectors. I suppose if you can get them open it might be worth trying to get LEDs inside but it's easier just to buy working lights. They fit the same as the dummy lights but you need to add the wiring as in the how 2.
        I got the real ones on my elite, never seen a difference, so why bother

Comment

• Originally posted by NeoFuture View Post
          I got the real ones on my elite, never seen a difference, so why bother
          Makes the rear lights look better when they all work. Some people prefer it.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            Makes the rear lights look better when they all work. Some people prefer it.
            but do you see it when your driving It ? so is all the work worth it, only people who will see it, and maybe appreciate it is other insignia drivers, who don't have AFL and at night, again is it worth doing... really ?

Comment

• Do people see mods such as their wheels while driving? It's another mod to enhance the car. You might not get the benefit of seeing the lights while driving but you know it's there and making the car look good.

Strange you come on a car forum predominantly made up of modding posts and question if a mod is worth doing. thead

Comment

• Very easy and very effective mod to do......for those who want their car to look that bit better.
                I just completed another set at the weekend for a very happy owner....even though he can't see them.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20190727-WA0018.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	243443

Name:	IMG-20190727-WA0021.jpg
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	243444

Name:	IMG-20190727-WA0026.jpg
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	243445

Name:	IMG-20190727-WA0019.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	243446

Name:	IMG-20190727-WA0049.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	243447

Name:	IMG-20190727-WA0050.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	243448

Comment

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
                  Very easy and very effective mod to do......for those who want their car to look that bit better.
                  I just completed another set at the weekend for a very happy owner....even though he can't see them.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1873[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1874[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1875[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1876[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1877[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]1878[/ATTACH]
                  Do you do this regularly? Which LED strips have you used?

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel.sinclair10 View Post
                    Do you do this regularly? Which LED strips have you used?
                    I've been known to do these quite often

Comment

• Hello Marko i will be doing this mod soon as I get all the parts iv got a 2014 vauxhall insignia 2.0 cdti ecoflex s/s
                      140 bhp
                      Full interior led. K&N air filter reverse lights led 18 inch alloys

Comment

• I have to say you got some skills i like what you do.

Comment

• I want to do this mod the things you do is super cool. Im just getting all the bits together iv never done nuthing like this before I was wondering what 2 core wire to use there's a lot out there i want to make sure i got the correct one I don't want to mess this up

Comment

• I want to do this mod the things you do is super cool. Im just getting all the bits together iv never done nuthing like this before I was wondering what 2 core wire to use there's a lot out there i want to make sure i got the correct one I don't want to mess this up

Comment

• Originally posted by Samad View Post
                              I want to do this mod the things you do is super cool. Im just getting all the bits together iv never done nuthing like this before I was wondering what 2 core wire to use there's a lot out there i want to make sure i got the correct one I don't want to mess this up
                              I use 21w cable

Comment

• Thanks for your reply 👍

Comment

Working...
                                X