How to fit working rear tailgate lights to a facelift Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Samad View Post
    I want to do this mod the things you do is super cool. Im just getting all the bits together iv never done nuthing like this before I was wondering what 2 core wire to use there's a lot out there i want to make sure i got the correct one I don't want to mess this up
    Hi just be aware the wires you tap into behind the rear lights may be a different colour to the colours in my original post. Some have found them to be different.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• RBH you save my day. i wanted to take apart the lamp to see if i can fit some leds in. can you tell me with size are the leds and how many, or you put just a strip ?

Comment

• Cheers for the advise i will be checking the wires out first just don't have time at the moment busy all the time I need to take some time out and get it done.
        Full interior led. K&N air filter reverse lights led 18 inch alloys

Comment

• for connection to the left passenger side , after trying all suggestions only tapping into the purple wire worked for me

Comment

• Originally posted by the gas man View Post
            for connection to the left passenger side , after trying all suggestions only tapping into the purple wire worked for me
            It's strang how not all cars have the same coloured wires.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Been purple on the last 4 I've done.

Comment

• Your car looks demon at the front i like it

Comment

• You done a lot of these mods maybe I should get a professional to do mine

Comment

• Still surprised this mod still being done. Thought I have a look at the old rear light thread. 👍

Comment

• Originally posted by Burgerking1972 View Post
                      Still surprised this mod still being done. Thought I have a look at the old rear light thread. ��
                      Why would it not be???

More Insignias out there without them than with them

Comment

• I was meaning that I started this mod/ball rolling along with Marko, I've no longer got my insignia and it's nice to see that it's still being done that's why I'm surprised. I just wanted to look at the old thread while I visited yesterday. 😛

Comment

I was meaning that I started this mod/ball rolling along with Marko, I've no longer got my insignia and it's nice to see that it's still being done that's why I'm surprised. I just wanted to look at the old thread while I visited yesterday. 😛
                          Aye it's a while ago now. Time don't half fly!

Comment

I was meaning that I started this mod/ball rolling along with Marko, I've no longer got my insignia and it's nice to see that it's still being done that's why I'm surprised. I just wanted to look at the old thread while I visited yesterday. ��
                            so...……...its you 2 that we've to blame

Comment

• Yip me and Marko to blame.

Comment

Yip me and Marko to blame.
                                well......….I doth my cap to you 2 for making probably the best mod available

Comment

Working...
                                X